Do you guys like banana bread? I know I do! What I don't like about most banana breads on the market today is they're filled with high sugar and sodium content. Fear not, my health-conscious friends, I've got the perfect clean banana bread recipe for you. This bread is delicious, healthy and moist! I find with most recipes, the bread dries out almost immediately, but not with this spin on it. The bread should stay moist for 5-7 days at least and will last even longer in the fridge. Now, are you guys ready to make some delicious and nutritious banana bread bonanza? Let's do this!
- Preheat Oven to 350º and grease a loaf pan or square brownie pan with coconut oil spray
- Mash 4-5 bananas well! If they are super ripe, the mashing should be easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy!
- In a large mixing bowl (stainless steal ones are my favorite) combine dry ingredients: Coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt (set aside.)
- In another large mixing bowl, combine mashed banana's, eggs, vanilla extract, coconut cream, softened butter, honey and coconut sugar. (I mixed the wet ingredients in a kitchen aid mixer, but hand mixing is fine too!)
- Add the dark chocolate chips to the wet ingredients, along with the dry ingredients and mix everything in the kitchen aid mixer or hand mixer on setting 2 and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Remove from mixer, pour into lightly greased loaf or brownie pan and top with crushed walnuts and organic shredded coconut.
- Place in preheated oven for 60-minutes or until a fork inserted into the loaf and it comes out clean.
Prep Time: 20-minutes Cook Time: 60-minutes Serves: 10
What you'll need:
- 4-5 very ripe bananas (Nanner's as ripe as you can stand!)
- 2 cups of organic coconut flour.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda, baking powder, and a pinch of sea salt.
- 4 tablespoons of raw, organic honey.
- 1 cup of organic coconut sugar.
- 1/2-cup of grass-fed Irish butter (we love Kerry Gold)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- 2 organic brown eggs
- 2 tablespoons of organic coconut cream or organic half-n-half. The coconut cream makes the bread super creamy and moist.
- 1 cup of dark chocolate baking chips. (We love to use Guittard's extra dark chocolate chips).1-cup of crushed, organic walnuts.
- 1-cup of organic shredded coconut.
Let the bread cool in pan for an hour (I know this is the hardest part, but it will be well worth the wait!)
After bread is cooled, place onto cutting board and slice into thin slices, eat and enjoy life! 🍌