Perfect Roast Potatoes
You know those simple recipes that only use a few ingredients but are life-changing for your taste buds? Well, not to fear because I have one for you here! (See what I did there?) If you don't have potatoes in your household you need to go out and get them right now and stash them in a wooden crate to always have on hand. Potatoes are so good for you and come from the earth. They are a sustainable carbohydrate that burn up in the body differently than say, pasta. They do not spike your blood sugar can be consumed at every meal without guilt. As long as they're not drenched in oil or fried, they are a perfect staple in any clean diet.
This recipe was sort of an accident of sorts as it was improvised on the fly, but it's so simple and easy to make that these potatoes now make a regular appearance during my weekly meals. Oh and I bet kiddos would love these potatoes too, because you can dip them in almost anything, as long as it's healthy of course!
What you'll need:
- Rustic Baked Potatoes
- Himalayan sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, and basil.
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
What to do:
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees
- Slice up the rustic potatoes length-wise (so they look like potatoes wedges)
- Place all spices in a mixing bowl with EVOO and combine
- Place sliced potatoes wedges on a baking sheet and brush the EVOO and spices mixture on the potatoes.
- Place in the oven and book for 30-minutes or until lightly browned.
The lovely folks at Primal Pantry gifted me with some samples to try of their delicious mayo's and dressings that are all paleo friendly! I dipped my potato wedges in the spicy, creamy chipotle lime mayo made with avocado oil.
You can purchase these dressings and mayo's here: https://hp224.isrefer.com/go/clmayosingle/LadyGLifts/
You can also check out the other amazing products Primal Kitchen offers here: https://hp224.isrefer.com/go/kitchen/LadyGLifts/