Yesterday, while coming up with new recipes for you guys, I got a hankering for peanut butter. I was about to do my workout and knew my body needed a quick, protein-packed pick me up. I grabbed some ingredients from my pantry and whipped up this delight.
What you'll need:
- 2-scoops of Vital Proteins Collagen Whey (the cocoa flavor is my favorite!)
- 1-cup of unsweetened coconut-almond milk. (Califa Farms make's a great one.)
- 2 tbs of organic, clean peanut butter. (I buy mine from Trader Joe's made with Valencia Peanuts, salt and that's it! )
- 1-tbs of clean hazelnut spread (You can find this at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods)
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- 1 whole organic banana
- 1/2 a cup of unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1-cup of ice
- Add coconut/almond milk, along with Vital Proteins Collagen Whey to a high powered blender.
- Next, add your peanut butter, hazelnut spread, and chia seeds, along with your banana and unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Add ice, and blend until your smoothie is thick and creamy, similar to a milkshake consistency.
As many of you who follow me on Instagram know, how in love with Vital Proteins I am and I post about them a lot on my feed. Their Collagen Peptides are tasteless and are fantastic in bulletproof coffee as we as everything else. A few of the benefits I have noticed from taking Collage Peptides every day are:
- My hair and nails grow at an exorbitant rate.
- My skin's elasticity has approved and retains moisture better than prior to me taking Collagen Peptides.
- My energy levels have increased and I'm not as sore post workouts.
- I do not get as hungry as often, and I seem to maintain a satisfied state throughout the day.
I recently started adding 2-scoops of Vital Proteins Collage Whey Cocoa flavor to my pre-workout smoothies and I love it! It adds a creamy, chocolatey texture and flavor to my smoothies without any additional sweeteners. It makes my smoothie taste like a milk shake, but without all of the junk. This is also the only collagen whey powder I have found on the market that does not contain stevia or added sweeteners. Vital Proteins Collagen Whey is sweetened with coconut water and dutch cocoa. No added fillers or sweeteners at all! It is also gluten free, rBGH free, ractopamine-free and non-GMO.