Avocado Egg Cups | A Recipe From My Cookbook!
This is one of my favorite recipes from my new cookbook called The 5-Ingredient Paleo Cookbook. This is a staple paleo recipe are super simple to make! You will easily get your fill of protein and healthy fats with my easy Avocado Egg Cups.
Did you guys know that I wrote a cookbook? I still can’t quite believe the words myself, but I did and it’s a real, tangible cookbook with a beautiful cover and it’s something I’m quite proud of. My editor keeps reminding me that writing a cookbook is a lifetime achievement and I have to admit knowing that makes me really proud. All of those sleepless nights and countless hours have added up to a beautiful cookbook with easy, healthy, helpful 5-Ingredient Paleo recipes.
My cookbook is called The 5-Ingredient Paleo Cookbook, 100 Easy Recipes For Busy People On The Paleo Diet. I love how my cookbook has different chapters like Smoothies & Breakfasts and Easy Snacks, Appetizers and Sides and so many more! All of the recipes are created by me to help make your lives easier! This is my goal with this book. To help people eat healthy food in an easy, adaptable way. I hope you find as much joy eating these recipes as I did creating them for you!
The recipe I’m sharing with you today is from the Smoothies and Breakfasts chapter and it is a classic Paleo recipe that includes two classic (and popular) Paleo ingredients: Eggs and Avocados. Now, it doesn’t get much more Paleo than that does it? Eggs are a wonderful protein option on the Paleo diet for their ease of cooking in the kitchen to the countless variety ways you can use them in Paleo meals. Eggs are an all around superfood, but they are especially awesome for the Paleo diet because you can use them in breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizer recipes, and even in desserts.
All you’ll need for this recipe is avocados, eggs, fresh lemon juice (to keep the avocados from browning, plus they add a nice zesty taste!) radish and fresh cilantro. You will also need salt and pepper as well as ramekins and a baking sheet.
This recipe serves 4 to 6 people so will you need 3 avocados, halved lengthwise, pitted, and peeled. If you are simply making this for one person, all you’ll need is one avocado and one egg, but I won’t judge you if you make more for yourself because they are that good! :)
I’m so excited and thankful that I get to share this sneak peek recipe from my cookbook with you guys and please tag me in your posts on Instagram if you make the Avocado Egg Cups using the hashtag #the5ingredientpaleocookbook I love seeing my recipes in your kitchen and I’m especially egg-cited (see what I did there) to see you guys make this recipe!
Remember, you can pre-order The 5-Ingredient Paleo Cookbook on Amazon and it officially hits stores November 20th! Just in time for the holidays!
Avocado Egg Cups
This is one of the recipes from my new cookbook called The 5-Ingedient Paleo Cookbook! This is a staple paleo recipe my avocado egg cups are super simple to make! You will easily get your fill of protein and healthy fats with this easy, delicious meal.
- 3-avocados halved lengthwise, pitted, and peeled.
- 6-large eggs
- 1-cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4-cup sliced radish
- 1-cup tricolor cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425-degrees
- Sliced the avocados in halves (keeping the peel on each side) remove the pit and place the halved avocados face up on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Scoop out a small amount of avocado flesh (you can keep this for later and make guacamole out of it) you need enough room for each egg, so don’t scoop out too much of the flesh, just a small amount.
- Slowly crack the entire egg into each avocado (some of the egg will spill out and that’s fine because it will all cook in the oven.
- Season each avocado egg cup with sea-salt and pepper and bake at 425-degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the whites of the eggs are no longer opaque. Garnish with fresh cilantro, radish, and cherry tomatoes (optional).