Fruity Ice Cubes
This post is sponsored by Gerolsteiner, via Fit Approach. I appreciate and love all of the brands that support Fitty Foodlicious.
It's no secret that I'm OBSESSED with sparkling water. In fact, the word obsessed is an understatement. I love bubbly water and drink a lot of it throughout the day. I just love how the bubbles hit my tongue, how it's calorie free and how I don't have to feel major guilt after drinking it. I love regular water too, don't get wrong. I always have a zillion reusable water bottles in my car, but then there is always sparkling water along for the ride too. The stuff is delicious and Gerolsteiner is particularly amazing because it's full of the good stuff!
Did you know that Gerolsteiner water is full of calcium, magnesium, and bicarbonate? Gerolsteiner Sparkling contains 84 mg calcium per 8 FL OZ, so one liter provides 35% of the recommended daily intake of calcium. Magnesium is so important to maintaining a healthy body. I talk about the importance of including magnesium in our diets a lot on this blog because it's a wonderful mineral our body needs! A liter of Gerolsteiner Sparkling contains 26 mg of magnesium per 8 FL OZ, so one liter provides 25% of the recommended daily intake of Magnesium according to Gerolsteiner's website. A liter of Gerolsteiner contains 1,816 mg of bicarbonate and bicarbonate is good for neutralizing stomach acid and gives this water all of those amazing bubbles!
Want in on all this sparkling water goodness? You can enter to win a free case of Gerolsteiner by clicking on this link. But in order to enter you need to join me on the Sparkling Detox where I'll be replacing all of my usual beverages with only Gerolsteiner Sparkling Water! This won't be too hard as I mainly only drink water, water, and oh yeah, more water, but this also means no caffeine! No coffee for me, which I'll admit is going to be the hardest part of this challenge, as ya'll know how much I love my coffee. For more info on this challenge, check out the deets below:
Now, let's dive into this awesome recipe! All you'll need is a few bottles of Gerolsteiner Sparkling Water, silicone ice cube molds, and fresh fruit!
Fruity Ice Cubes
By: Genevieve Jerome, August 5, 2018
Make these easy fruity ice cubes made with sparkling water and fresh fruit for an easy, refreshing treat!
Makes: 2 servings 2 Cups
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 6-8 hours
- 4 16.9 oz bottles of Gerolsteiner Sparkling Water
- 1 silicone ice cube mold
- Various fresh fruit: Blueberries, sliced strawberries, watermelon, sliced pineapple, you can use any fresh fruit you want.
- More fresh fruit for garnish.
- Place the fresh fruit in the ice cube mold.
- Next, slowly pour the Gerolsteiner Sparkling Water into the ice cubes molds on top of the fruit. Make sure to leave a little bit of room at the top of each mold, as the water will rise as it freezes.
- Stash in the freezer for 6-8 hours and when they are ready, remove the ice cubes into tall glasses and pour more Gerolsteiner fresh water over the ice cubes and enjoy with fresh fruit!