Fort Bragg is one of my most favorite places on earth, and I've been to a lot of places on this planet. Fort Bragg is a majestic little beach town located near the Mendocino Coast and if you've never been there, you need to schedule your next trip and find out why so many movies are made in Fort Bragg and why artists flock from all over the world to paint the epic waves crashing against the sea cliffs.
We go to Fort Bragg at least 4-times per year and I've been in love with this place ever since I first drove through the tiny little downtown area. Driving into the coastal area of Mendocino you will first drive through one of the most beautiful forest's you have ever laid eyes on. The sun shines through the trees and everything glows. The moss on the trees is wet from the moisture on the ocean, the subtle breeze makes the leaves hum endless song as if the leaves are clapping for each other, the trees glisten with a rich glow and everything seems alive. And that is only the drive to the coast. You'll trek through some mountains some more and then you'll see the faint view of the ocean in all of it's beauty and you know you've arrived.
Everyone that knows me knows I'm a huge foodie and anytime I go to a new place, I make sure to find all of the good food spots. There is one place in Fort Bragg that you won't want to miss and that's called the famous Egghead's Restaraunt. Eggheads is known for their Wizard of Oz charm and their many different and unique breakfast recipes. One of my favorite recipes is the pumpkin waffle and their eggs benedict made with their famous champagne sauce. Although, if champagne hollandaise sauce is not your style, you could opt for their tequila hollandaise sauce, and their original is a wonderful choice too. I'm a huge egg's benedict fan, but not everyone can master it. The warm, inviting folks at Egghead's have nailed the eggs benedict recipe and it's by far one of the best ones I have ever tried. If eggs aren't your style you could opt for their delicious pumpkin waffle which is made with an almond whip cream and is heavenly to eat anytime of the year.
There are many wonderful beaches in Fort Bragg, but one in particular, is famous for it's colored sea glass. How did sea glass end up on a beach you ask? Well, according to local Folk-Lore in Fort Bragg, from 1906-1967 people pushed cars, cans, appliances and all types of other stuff over the cliffs which at first glance is a terrible thing, but then the oceans in Fort Bragg had a different idea according to fortbragg.com, they turned all of this metal junk into beautiful sea glass pieces, hence the name, Glass Beach. The sad part about Glass Beach today is how many people steal the glass pieces from the beach. You are only supposed to take photos and leave foot prints, you are not supposed to take thee sacred treasures from this majestic beach. The sea glass pieces are disappearing at an alarming rate which is really sad. If only people could just leave mother nature alone.
You'll be working up an appetite while you're exploring all of the amazing places in Fort Bragg and what better way to quell that craving than with some homemade ice cream from Cowlick's Ice Cream Spot. This iconic ice cream place makes all of their ice cream homemade as well as their amazing waffle cones. They have ice cream flavors ranging from mushroom truffle (it sells out every day) to homemade chocolate cookie dough ice cream made with dark chocolate chips and cooking dough from the cookie company.
I'm not a huge drinker, but from time to time I do like do enjoy a good hefewizen beer and the beer made in house at North Coast Brewing company pairs wonderfully with one of their made from scratch meals. Their fish and chips are made with their famous beer batter and does not disapoint. I would say their fish and chips are my all time favorite and I have had many fish and chips at famous places in California. Wash those fish and chips down with a Blue Star hefewizen and you'll be dreaming of when you can go back for more.
Another gem you'll want to be sure you visit before leaving Fort Bragg, is called Point Cabrillo Lighthouse which is 5-miles south of Fort Bragg. This lighthouse is more than 100 years old and was built in 1909. This lighthouse is gorgeous and has fun hiking trails to trek along on too. You'll get epic views of the lighthouse, sea cliffs, and oceans and may even spot a few deer along the way.
There are many wonderful places to see and explore while visiting Fort Bragg, California. From the beautiful beaches to the epic sea cliffs, to the wonderful foodie scene, Fort Bragg is the place to have an epic day-cation in. During whale season you may even get the wonderful opportunity to watch the whales dance in the beautiful colored blue waters. Have you ever been to Fort Bragg? Do you want to go explore this majestic place now that you've read this travel piece? If you have there, what's your favorite spot to go to?
- Apr 21, 2017 Everyone Doesn't Have to Like You | Actually It's A Good Thing! Apr 21, 2017
- Apr 14, 2017 8 Ways To Fall In Love In Love With Yourself Apr 14, 2017
- Apr 5, 2017 The Cracks Beneath My Skin Apr 5, 2017
- Mar 28, 2017 I Am Empowered | Why Every Woman Should Go On An All Women's Retreat Mar 28, 2017
- February 2017
- Jan 31, 2017 Twists, Turns, And Quite The Stir: January 2017, A Reflection Jan 31, 2017
- Jan 19, 2017 I Haven't Tied My Shoes Yet | Sugar Detox Part Two Jan 19, 2017
- Jan 19, 2017 Before And After Home Office Re-Design | New Year, New Space! Jan 19, 2017
- Jan 11, 2017 7-Days Without Cake And Cookies And Ice Cream And Sugar.... Jan 11, 2017
- Jan 4, 2017 Staying Organized and Motivated This Month | How To Keep Your Momentum Going Strong Jan 4, 2017
- Jan 3, 2017 I Can Fail, I'll Survive, I Can Fall, I will Float Jan 3, 2017
- December 2016
- Nov 29, 2016 My First You Tube Video And Why I'm Excited About This New Venture Nov 29, 2016
- Nov 19, 2016 Harley: The Dog Who Saved My Life Nov 19, 2016
- Nov 10, 2016 Attachment Anxiety To TV Characters-The Actors Have Moved On, Why Can't I? Nov 10, 2016
- Nov 7, 2016 How Rock Climbing Keeps Me Sane Nov 7, 2016
- Nov 4, 2016 Runaway Train: The Need To Constantly Be Searching For The Next Best Thing Nov 4, 2016
- Nov 3, 2016 A Letter To My Mother: Being Completely Honest When There Are No Options Left Nov 3, 2016
- Nov 2, 2016 Being Brave; Healing From The Fallout Nov 2, 2016
- Nov 1, 2016 Pick Yourself Up By The Bootstraps: How To Deal When You're Having a Bad Mental Health Day Nov 1, 2016
- Oct 25, 2016 I Struggle With Anxiety-10 Ways To Cope With Anxiety Disorder Oct 25, 2016
- Oct 17, 2016 Turning The Big 3-0 And Realizing No One Knows What They're Doing Oct 17, 2016