8 Ways To Fall In Love In Love With Yourself
Do you ever wake up in the morning, look in the mirror, and say "Yuck, I look horrible." Or "Ughh this face is horrible." Every woman wakes up in the morning, looks at herself in the mirror, and frowns on herself. And half the time we don't even know we are doing it. The first thought you say to yourself either out loud or in your head sets the entire tone for the day. If you start your day off saying something negative to yourself, then you are automatically bringing all of that negative energy to everything you set your focus on the rest of the day. Think about it, the days you started saying something negative about yourself in the mirror, did you have amazing days those days? Or did things not go your way? I believe that everything should go exactly your way and the first way to start doing that is to say something nice to yourself when you look in the mirror. And I don't mean something small, I mean something really nice about yourself like, "Girl you are absolutely gorgeous and today is your day!" This is just one of the ways to fall in love with yourself.
Here are 10-ways to fall in love with yourself and be your best self!
1. Wake up, look in the mirror, and say: "You are beautiful, you are strong, you are capable."
2. Hit that unfollow button! Yes, ladies I'm instructing you to un-follow people. It can be really hard to feel good about yourself when you are constantly scrolling someone's social media feed. Instagram is what always gets me and the moment those feelings of self-doubt and the "I'm not enough" feelings, I immediatly put my phone down and focus on something else. Sometimes I even un-follow the person if it's someone whose feed causes me to doubt my abilities.
3. We feel good when we look good. Now, looking good is different for everyone. For example, sometimes I feel my hottest when I wearing my nikes, a hat, and a cute workout outfit. Some days I want to be wearing the reddest lipstick I own and a boots with a really cute outfit. The point is, wear something that makes you feel good, or do your hair, just do or wear whatever makes you feel good. If you feel good, you'll give off a good vibe which will make others feel good too. Spread all that goodness around!
4. Exercise, Exercise, Exercise! Girl get your sweat on! When I was heavier and found out that I needed to lose weight, exercise saved my life, literally. Now, I do it because it's an integral part of my day and it makes me feel so good. Even on the days when I don't feel like doing it, I still love working out because when I'm done I feel like an entirely new person. I feel motivated and ready to take on any task that comes my way. I don't think there has ever been a time when I've gotten done working out where I haven't felt good. I literally feel good every single time and sweat helps keep your skin clear, so another reason to exercise, exercise, exercise!
5. Make a decadent, gorgeous drink the morning. And no, I don't mean something super sugary and sweet, I mean make yourself a gorgeous cup of coffee with tons of yummy spices and frothy foam. Or make yourself a beautiful smoothie and top with healthy toppings like peanut butter, pepitas, and unsweetened shredded coconut. Make yourself a gorgeous drink and enjoy every sip of it. Don't scroll through your phone, don't check your e-mail, just be with yourself and enjoy your drink before doing anything else.
6. Do self care. Take a bath, fill the tub up with epsom salts, fresh flowers (yes I said flowers) and lavender essential oil and enjoy every single minute of that bath. And again, turn your phone off, and just chill with yourself girl, this is YOU time, not anyone else's time. Remember that when you are scrolling through your phone, you are not using your time, you are using someone else's time. You are looking at someone else's photos and videos. You are using your precious time to look into things that took someone else a bunch of time. I bet you've never thought about social media like that before. You are not using your time, you are using up someone else's time.
7. Do Yoga, meditate, breath. Start a yoga practice, begin a meditation practice, even if it's just for 15-minutes a day, these two things work. I'm hosting a #FitDailyYoga Challenge for 30-days on Instagram right now and it's not to late to join in on the fun! For me starting out my day with yoga right after I've had my gorgeous cup of Bullet Proof Coffee sets the tone for the entire day. And let me tell you, it works! Many of you know that I struggle with anxiety and yoga has helped immensly with my anxiety. I do it in a pretty space in my house, filled with plants, and lots of light. I turn my phone off, and I focus on my practice.
8. Throughout the day tell yourself how awesome you are. Go back and look in the mirror and tell yourself how amazing you are! You are awesome! You can do this and you will achieve everything you set your mind to. Tell yourself that and look at how much your day will change. Also, do reset. I do this constantly if I'm having an off day. Do a reset, start over, make yourself a fresh cup of coffee, take a minute to yourself, and start over. Just because you are having a bad moment or a bad hour, doesn't mean the entire day has to be bad. Remember that! Reset and start over and see how wonderful your day will become!
I hope these things can help you truly love yourself. Love every single inch of yourself and stop putting bad vibes on yourself. Tell yourself how amazing you are and walk around with some swagger and love yourself! Tell yourself that you are gorgeous every time you look in the mirror, tell yourself that you will land that campaign or book that gig, or whatever your goal may be. Write post-it's and place them all around your house and write quotes on them that make you feel good. For example, mine say "I can do this, I'm amazing!"
These little exercises help and will over time help you fall in love yourself and 100% accept yourself. Every single flaw and all, but they are not flaws, they are the tiny little gems that make you, you and sets you apart from the rest of the world!