I’ve struggled with anxiety on and off all of my life. My anxiety started at a very young age and shows up in different forms depending on what I’m going through at the time. Recently, my anxiety has been showing up when I’m driving or in super crowded places. Although therapy helps a lot, there are other products that I’ve been experimenting with to see if they help my anxiety. I’ve been experimenting with making my own CBD Elixirs and so far so good! Check out my unique and delicious mocktail recipe that includes CBD, fresh strawberries, rose petals, and sparkling water.
What is CBD?
CBD also known as Cannabidiol from phytocannabinoid-rich hemp has been touted as the healing medicine for helping people who struggle with anxiety. I would first like to say that although I carry a master’s degree in nutrition, I am not a doctor nor am I an expert on CBD. I’m simply sharing my personal experiences with using it and sharing with you all how it’s helped me on my anxiety journey. Please do your own research before using CBD.
What’s the difference between CBD and THC?
First off, let’s talk about the differences between CBD and the drug people smoke. They are not the same thing. CBD is from hemp and does not carry the psychoactive ingredients that THC does. Meaning, you are not going to get high from using CBD. There is a huge misconception and a lot of confusion between CBD and THC. So, if you’re worried that if you ingest CBD or use a CBD cream and you are going to get high, you’re not going to. That’s the the role of CBD. CBD has been shown to help people manage anxiety, may help trauma and inflammation, nausea, as well as help manage blood sugar levels.
How does CBD work?
The human body has an endocannabinoid system, also known as the ECS and CBD helps to balance that system. The ECS is comprised of the most important modulatory system in conjunction with the brain, endocrine, and the immune system. CBD is a plant-derived phytocannabinoid that can help regulate and balance these intricate systems within the human body.
I’ve partnered with Pure For Life and they make full spectrum CBD supplements and products. Pure For Life makes full spectrum CBD tinctures that have 1000mg of CBD. They also make CBD capsules and wellness lotions that help with muscle relief and inflammation.
I struggle with lower back pain from tight hamstrings from loads of trail running and I like using Pure For Life’s Wellness Lotion on my back to help ease my back pain and get me back on the trails, running happy.
I’ve been experimenting with using CBD products to help manage my anxiety, especially while driving. I rub some lotion on my neck, shoulders, décolletage, and inner wrists before I start driving and I notice when I use it while driving, my anxiety is lessened. So far, since incorporating CBD products into my wellness routine, my panic attacks are nearly non-existent. Now, this is all based on my personal experience, again please do your research to see if CBD is right for you.
I’ve created a CBD wellness elixir that I like to drink in the morning and evenings before bed to help manage my anxiety. Not only is it super easy to make, but you can make a big batch on a Sunday and store it in your fridge for the week ahead. Easy to make and ready to go anytime you want a calming mocktail.
All you’ll need for this delicious anti-anxiety drink is rose petals, coconut sugar, water, sparkling water, and Pure For Life’s Full Spectrum CBD Hemp Tincture. You can purchase any item off Pure For Life’s website using my code GENE10 for 10% off anything of their website through 6/30/19.
This drink is delicious and super easy to make. It’s gentle on the body and is a delicious spring mocktail that can be enjoyed any time of the day!
CBD Strawberry Rose Wellness Elixir Mocktail
By Genevieve Jerome | Fitty Foodlicious
I’ve struggled with anxiety on and off all of my life. My anxiety started at a very young age and shows up in different forms depending on what I’m going through at the time. Recently, my anxiety has been showing up when I’m driving or in super crowded places. Although therapy helps a lot, there are other products that I’ve been experimenting with to see if they help my anxiety. I’ve been experimenting with making my own CBD Elixirs and so far so good! Check out my unique and delicious mocktail recipe that includes CBD, rose petals, and sparkling water.
Makes: 2-4 servings
- 1-quart of filtered water
- 2-roses (use the color of your choice, I opted for pink.)
- 1-cup coconut sugar
- 1-cup of sliced strawberries
- 12-oz of sparkling water
- 1-doppler of Pure For Life CBD Strawberry Tincture
- Ice for the mocktails
- Slowly bring the water to a boil in a cast iron dutch oven over low heat.
- Next, add coconut sugar and mix until dissolved.
- Slowly add the rose petals and bring the water to a gentle simmer over medium heat.The rose petals should begin to wilt, that is normal.
- Simmer the rose water for 5-minutes until you can smell the aroma from the roses. The longer it simmers, the more flavor the rose water will have.
- Next, add the sliced strawberries to the rose water and simmer again for three more minutes.
- Remove the water from heat and let it cool for two minutes.
- Add the rose water to a tall serving vase.
- Add some ice to cocktail glasses and pour the strawberry rose water over the ice until the glasses are halfway filled. It’s perfectly fine if some of the fresh strawberries fall into the glass.
- Next, pour in the sparkling water to the top of each glass and add one dropper of the Pure For Life CBD Strawberry Tincture. Stir using a straw and add more ice if desired.
- Drink this delicious anti-anxiety elixir and enjoy!