Easy Pumpkin Zucchini Bread is the perfect end of summer recipe because it uses up that zucchini in your fridge and includes pumpkin puree which is perfect to welcome fall! This refined sugar-free Zucchini Bread is so yummy that you’ll want to make a few batches of this delicious, healthy bread to store in the freezer to enjoy during the colder months. Make a batch of pumpkin zucchini bread this week and enjoy with a fresh cup of coffee for breakfast or dessert!
EASY PUMPKIN ZUCCHINI BREAD IS THE PERFECT RECIPE FOR THE REST OF SUMMER
Easy Pumpkin Zucchini Bread is the perfect transition recipe for the end of summer to fall! With hunky chunks of chocolate, fresh zucchini, and pumpkin puree, this is a healthy twist on a fall classic.
I have a confession; I’m already thinking about all things fall. I may or may not have stayed up way too late scouring the internet for fun fall finds on a certain website from a certain brand that I’m obsessed with.
In fact, my obsession has taken a dark turn and I’m actually selling off half of my collection, but I still need to cute fall finds because it may as well already be pumpkin season over here.
PUMPKINS, PUMPKINS EVERYWHERE
We already have tons of pumpkins growing on our farm and to say I’m obsessed would be an understatement. I drive my hubby crazy because I start decorating for fall in mid-August. He doesn’t really mind until winter comes and it’s time to clean up all of the pumpkins. Oy with Poodles already. I’m mad about pumpkins.
I thought why not share this Easy Pumpkin Zucchini Bread this week since next week there will be pumpkin spice popping up everywhere, I had to get ahead of the game. Bloggers are always thinking three months ahead as it is. Pumpkin Zucchini bread is the epitome of summer to fall cozy recipe.
Are you as obsessed with pumpkin as I am? I know, I know, most of you are like, G, it’s over 100-degrees outside! This recipe is perfect though for weekend baking! Who doesn’t love pumpkin, zucchini, and chocolate combined?
IT’S ZUCCHINI SEASON!
I know you have zucchini sitting around on your counter or in your fridge, so why not put it to good use and make my delicious pumpkin zucchini bread. I promise you; you are going to love this bread.
Zucchinis are at their peak right now in grocery stores and tis’ the season because this Zucchini bread is delicious, moist, healthy, and makes a wonderful breakfast or dessert!
This zucchini bread is easy to make and gets a helping hand of fiber due to the pumpkin puree. The pumpkin puree also helps make it extra moist and gooey, just how zucchini bread should be!
For serving this scrumptious bread, may I suggest serving it warm with slices of grass-fed butter and a cozy drink like iced coffee or a pumpkin spice latte? This bread will make your entire week!
This zucchini bread is not gluten-free, but you are welcome to try using gluten-free flour for this recipe. I have not made this version gluten-free, but I suspect that if you used the right flour, it would just as moist as the original recipe.
ARE YOU EXCITED ABOUT FALL?
This bread features all the fall favorites, including, pumpkin, molasses, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and yes, even apple butter! The apple butter gives this bread a hint of sweetness but doesn’t overpower it. All the ingredients make this bread the perfect combination of a welcome fall recipe.
A FEW PRO TIPS TO PERFECT ZUCCHINI BREAD
This recipe includes melted coconut oil which helps make this bread super moist. Make sure you cool your coconut oil after melting it before adding the coconut oil to the batter. I also suggest using room-temperature eggs for this recipe.
For the zucchini, make sure to squeeze out the excess moisture from the zucchini after grating it, and if you have leftover zucchini, use it for pasta sauces and soups!
Speaking of pasta! Tomorrow’s, zucchini recipe is a pasta-like recipe that I know you are all going to love! Hint: It’s low-carb too.
If you make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram in your photos @fittyfoodlicious using the hashtag: #fittyfoodlicious It brings me great joy seeing my recipes in your kitchen!
Easy Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
- Avocado or coconut oil Spray for loaf pan
- 2- cups of zucchini grated
- 2- cups of flour
- 1- tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1- teaspoon of baking powder
- 1- teaspoon of baking soda
- 1- teaspoon of ginger
- 1- tablespoon of pumpkin spice
- 1- teaspoon of turmeric
- 1- cup of melted and cooled coconut oil
- 4- tablespoons of unsweetened apple butter
- 1- tablespoon of molasses
- 1- tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4- cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1- cup of honey
- 1- cup of unsweetened dark chocolate chips
- 2- eggs room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 350-degrees and generously spray a loaf pan with avocado oil.
- Grate the zucchini and squeeze out the excess moisture in a towel. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, pumpkin spice, and turmeric and combine.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the melted, cooled coconut oil, the unsweetened apple butter, molasses, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, honey, and the eggs and whisk until everything is combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and then add the zucchini and combine everything.
- Next, add one cup of unsweetened dark chocolate chips and combine.
- Add the batter to a prepared loaf pan.
- You could add more chocolate chips to the top of the batter before inserting the loaf pan into the oven. This step is optional.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 50-minutes. Don’t overbake the zucchini bread! Remember, you want it nice and moist in the middle. You can test this by inserting a toothpick in the center of the bread and it if comes out clean, the bread is ready.