This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeItYourself #CollectiveBias #HomemadeDinnerRolls
Are you intimidated by baking bread from scratch? Does making homemade dinner rolls freak you out? Well, worry no more because Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast is to the rescue and makes baking dinner rolls from scratch easy and quick. You’ll have freshly made, from scratch dinner rolls, made in less than 2 hours that are delicious, fresh, and cannot compare to store-bought bread. The taste of baking with yeast from scratch is unique and makes all the difference!
I use to be super intimidated at the thought of making homemade bread. I thought it was super hard and complicated. That’s until I discovered Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast which has been a total game-changer for me. Baking with yeast is easy and makes the bread taste so much better. I made restaurant quality rolls for a fraction of the cost in the comfort of my own home. After making my own homemade dinner rolls, I realized there is nothing quite like the homemade taste of baking with Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast. For all of my holiday gatherings, I will be making my dinner rolls from scratch using Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast.
The two most important things when making dinner rolls from scratch are the temperature of the water and the yeast. The temperature of the water should be between 120˚F-130˚F, and make sure you follow the instructions of the back of the yeast packet. You can use a thermometer to check the temperature of the water. The other reason for the bread not to rise properly is because the yeast is expired. Always make sure to use fresh yeast when baking from scratch. Nothing tastes better than homemade rolls that you’ve made yourself.
I found it fun to mix, measure, and pour myself. One of my favorite things about making my own homemade rolls was the kneading of the dough. That was seriously one of my favorite parts about making my rolls from scratch - kneading the dough on a floured surface. Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast has over 150 years of experience so you can bake quality, yeast recipes that you can be proud to share with family and friends!
The wonderful part about baking with Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast is is that the rise time of the dough in the first half of the recipe is only 10 minutes. You don’t have to wait hours for your dough to rise. This is seriously the best part about baking with Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast. You can have dinner rolls, made from scratch, in less than 2 hours.
You will only need a few ingredients to make your own dinner rolls. You’ll need a package of Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast, milk, water, salt, sugar, and butter. You will also need an electric mixer. I also used a flour sifter to sift my flour beforehand. You make the rolls in steps, and it’s really quite simple once you get the hang of it. My best tip is to make sure that the dough is not too gummy in the first part of the mixing portion. I was able to fix this by adding more flour to my mixture and that fixed it immediately. My other suggestion is to really get into the kneading of the dough. You knead the dough on a floured surface for 6-8 minutes, and I found this portion to be therapeutic and one of my favorite parts about making the dinner rolls from scratch.
I wanted to add some fresh herbs to my dinner rolls, so I made rosemary butter and brushed it on my finished dinner rolls. It made the fresh flavors pop even more, and it’s the perfect addition for all of your holiday gatherings! I was impressed at how easy it was to make dinner rolls from scratch with Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast. It was way more simple than I ever thought, and I look forward to baking all of my bread items from scratch during the holiday season using Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast.
Visit Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast For more inspiration.
How To Make Homemade Dinner Rolls
By Genevieve Jerome | Fitty Foodlicious
Are you intimidated by baking bread from scratch? Does making homemade dinner rolls freak you out? Well, worry no more because Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast is to the rescue and makes baking dinner rolls from scratch easy and quick. You’ll have freshly made from scratch dinner rolls made in less than 2-hours that are delicious, fresh, and cannot compare to storebought bread. The taste of baking with yeast from scratch is unique and makes all the difference!
Makes: 4-6 servings
- 2 to 2-¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2-tablespoons sugar
- 1 (2-¼ tsp.) packet Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast
- ½-teaspoon salt
- ½-cup whole milk
- ¼-cup water
- 2-tablespoons butter
- 1-bunch fresh Rosemary
- 1-cup melted butter for the Rosemary butter
- Combine ¾ cup flour, sugar, dry yeast, and salt in a large mixing bowl and stir until blended. Combine milk, water, and butter in a small pan. Using a thermometer, heat the milk, water, and butter in the pan to 120 to 130-degrees. Add it to the flour mixture.
- In an electric mixing bowl, beat it for 2-minutes at medium speed, making sure to scrap the bowl occasionally. Add ¼-cup four and beat for 2-minutes at high speed. Stir in just enough of the remaining flour (1 to ¼-cups) so that the dough will form into a ball.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic and springs back when lightly pressed with 2-fingers. You should knead the dough for 6-8 minutes. Cover with a towel and let rest for 10-minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
- Cut the dough into 12-equal pieces; shape into balls using your hands. Try to make all of the balls the same shape. Place the balls in a greased 8-inch square baking pan. Cover with a towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled in size. This will take about 30-minutes.
- While the dough is resting, make the Rosemary butter. Melt 1-cup of butter and the fresh bunch of Rosemary sprigs in a pan on the stove. Once the butter is melted, set the Rosemary butter aside.
- Bake the rolls in oven at 375-degrees for 20-25 minutes until they are golden brown. Remove from pan by running a knife around the edges and invert onto a wire rack.
- Brush the rolls with the melted Rosemary butter and top with sea-salt. Serve warm.