Zucchini Boats with ground turkey is the epitome of alfresco dining! Made with ground turkey or ground beef, chopped zucchini, fresh Parmesan cheese, and a plethora of yummy spices, this is one dinner you’ll want to make for the rest of summer!
Ground turkey zucchini boats are a healthy and delicious low-carb meal. There is something so magical about zucchini! Do you know how many recipes you can make with zucchini? Not only is this vegetable super versatile, but it also tastes really good in desserts, pasta, you name it.
Need more zucchini recipes to satisfy your soul? Try my Pumpkin Chocolate Zucchini Bread that's perfect to satisfy that sweet tooth. Or my Easy Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna and Cheesy Zucchini Parmesan Bread is another great recipe that's perfect for back-to-school snacks and a quick and easy dinner.
🍆 Ingredients For stuffed zucchini boats recipe
What you'll need for stuffed zucchini boats recipe
- Ground turkey or ground beef
- zucchini or squash
- Bell Peppers
- marinara sauce or alfredo sauce
- black olives or kalamata olives
- onion or shallot
- shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese
- black pepper, sea salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder
See full recipe card below for quantities
Additional add-ins for turkey stuffed zucchini boats:
- Black Beans
- chopped veggies like squash, broccoli, carrots, and courgette
- I also like to make yellow squash boats with ground beef
- Courgette boats are another great option
One of my favorite things about my easy stuffed zucchini boats is that they take no time at all, and you can make them with the entire family.
There are several different ways you can make this recipe.
Add various veggies into your boats, use meat, or keep it completely vegetarian. You can also load them up with cheese, or leave out the cheese if that’s your jam.
Food prep them on a Sunday night and have prepped meals in the freezer for the rest of the week, which I think we all can appreciate during these hot August nights.
🍆 How To Make Healthy Zucchini Boats With Ground Turkey
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with tinfoil or a baking sheet liner.
Step 2: Slice your zucchini in halves and then scoop out the flesh. Reserve the flesh in a small bowl.
Step 3: Scoop out the flesh of the zucchini. Reserve the flesh in a small bowl.
Step 4: Saute the ground turkey or beef in a saucepan with the onions or shallots and add the spices
Step 5: Add the chopped zucchini, chopped red onion, bell peppers, sourdough chunks, and olives to a bowl and combine.
Step 6: Scoop the prepared keto zucchini boats with ground turkey into the prepared zucchini boats on the baking sheet.
Step 7: Add fresh mozzarella and parmesan cheese and bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and crispy.
🍆 How to Store Italian zucchini boats with ground turkey
Stuffed Zucchini boats reheat really well! This summer recipe is perfect for those nights when it’s super hot outside and you can’t think of what to cook.￼￼￼
This recipe makes a big batch of zucchini boats with ground turkey.
These turkey zucchini boats freeze really well.
Pro Tip: If you are making a batch to freeze, add the cheese when you reheat them in the oven. Reheating zucchini boats is easy, simply cover them with tin foil in a baking dish, and reheat at 350-degrees for 20-25 minutes.
I like to load my zucchini boats with tons of fresh veggies like yellow squash, bell peppers, diced tomatoes, chopped carrots, onion, and garlic. I love adding leftover veggies that I need to use up in my fridge. Your fridge gets a nice clean sweep and you get a healthy recipe.
This makes for an easy fridge clean-out dinner. We try to live by the waste not want not philosophy in our house and this recipe fits the bill.
Zucchini is my favorite Autumn vegetable and fits seamlessly into any recipe. You can make drinks, desserts, and even pasta with it!
Zucchini Boats With Ground Turkey
- ½- cup diced shallots or red onion
- 1- pound ground turkey or ground beef
Spices To Seaon The Ground Turkey
- 1- teaspoon paprika
- 2- teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 2- teaspoon black pepper
- 1- teaspoon onion powder
- 1- teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 whole small zucchinis
- 1- jar marinara sauce
- 2- cups chopped yellow squash
- 2- cups diced red and green bell pepper
- 1- can sliced black olives
- 2- cups cubed sourdough
- 1- cup parmesan cheese
- 2- cups shredded Mozarella
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees
- In a saucepan or Dutch oven, saute the diced shallots in olive oil until translucent.
- Add in the ground turkey or ground beef, paprika, Himalayan sea salt, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder and saute the ground turkey until cooked through.
- Drain off excess fat, and transfer the ground turkey into a mixing bowl.
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise, and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh, leaving a ½-inch thick shell all around the zucchini.
- Chop the scooped-out medium zucchini flesh, and add to mixing bowl. Stir in the marinara sauce, yellow squash, chopped zucchini, red and green bell peppers, black olives, cubed sourdough, and Parmesan cheese.
- Mix the stuffing until combined.
- Lightly stuff each zucchini halves with the meat mixture.
- Place the zucchini halves into a baking dish, and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 40-minutes. Remove from oven and top with shredded mozzarella and bake at 350-degrees for an additional 10-minutes or until cheese starts to bubble.
I love summer and although it’s almost Fall; I’m going to spend the rest of the month of August enjoying all the sun and all of the zucchini possible!