Got lots of Halloween Candy? Halloween popcorn mix is the perfect Monster Munch treat! Healthy Monster Munch Popcorn is made with no artificial dyes or colors (except if you add candy of course) this popcorn is a wonderful, yummy, sweet, and savory popcorn and you could even leave out the candy if you prefer. Make this tonight for a savory treat all week long!
This Halloween Popcorn Mix is the perfect treat for Halloween and one the entire family will enjoy!
We love this Halloween Popcorn Snack is the perfect blend of sweet and savory.
Halloween Party Popcorn will be the hit at your Halloween event! Healthy Halloween Popcorn is delicious and a fun, spooky treat!
This was inspired by my Hocus Pocus Drink recipe and my Homemade Halloween Gummy Bears. Here are some other fall favorites around here. Make my Pumpkin Pie Blondies, they are one of my favorite fall recipes. If you plan on making these recipes, why not pair them with a delicious coffee drink like my Spiced Apple Cider Latte recipe which is quickly become a fan favorite around here! Mini Apple Pies With Puff Pastry is another crowd-pleaser. October is the best month of the year!
🧙♀️ Ingredients For Halloween Popcorn Mix
👻 What you'll need for Halloween Party Popcorn Snack Mix
- organic popcorn kernels
- organic coconut oil
- melted chocolate from chocolate chips
- beet root powder
- Vital Protein’s Strawberry Lemon Collagen (optional)
- Himalayan sea salt
- ground cinnamon
- Various candies: Mellowcreme pumpkins, candy corn, mini rice chocolate bars, gingersnaps, Oreo cookies, candy melts,
- Funfetti sprinkles and marshmallows, optional
- Large Bowl
- Halloween Popcorn Tins (optional)
See recipe card below for quantities for Halloween Popcorn Mix
🔪 Instructions For Monster Munch Halloween Popcorn Mix
Halloween Popcorn Mix is so easy to make. First, grab organic popcorn (I prefer the $2.00 bag from Trader Joe's) and start popping that popcorn. This is the ultimate Halloween Party Mix Recipe.
Add some coconut oil to a heated pan and 3-4 kernels to start. Once the popcorn starts popping, slowly add more popcorn until you have the amount of popcorn desired.
Grab a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Get ready for all the Halloween Snacks.
Once your popcorn is ready, start adding molasses, spirulina, beetroot powder, and turmeric. Remember, this is a Halloween popcorn mix and the spirulina and beetroot give this popcorn loads of gorgeous colors that are healthy to eat. This makes the ultimate snack mix!
Next, add the turmeric, cinnamon, and all the candy your heart desires. Funfetti sprinkles and marshmallows turn this monster mash popcorn up a notch. These are our favorite marshmallows which you can purchase here.
Hint: You can add melted grass-fed butter, honey, and molasses to your healthy monster mash popcorn for a delicious and satisfying taste.
👻 Variations For Monster Mash Popcorn that will impress your Halloween guests
Got multiple guests coming over for Halloween? Not to worry. Leave the Halloween popcorn mix blank, add it to personalized popcorn tubs or cups, and set the various toppings out on the table. This gives guests the chance to add or leave out any ingredients they want in their popcorn.
Plus it gives everyone a fun Halloween activity time to do while enjoying a delicious Halloween snack!
Wanna make this Halloween popcorn mix spicy or super sweet? Check out some ideas below for recipe variations. Here are some delicious popcorn mix ins:
- Spicy - add cayenne pepper, or black pepper over popcorn to turn the heat up in this monster mash popcorn.
- Deluxe - Top some creamy ice cream on the popcorn mixture for the ultimate dessert everyone will enjoy! Or you could even add some peanut butter. Add m&ms for a sweet and savory twist!
- Kid-friendly - This recipe is super kid friendly! Let the kiddos get in on the popcorn-making fun and let them add three treats to make their own creations. These make perfect Halloween Treats!
If you already have a popcorn maker at home, you can totally use that for this recipe. I love cooking homemade popcorn in my Dutch Oven. But you could also use a double broiler. Use a Dutch Oven to give the popcorn a vibrant flavor.
Bonus: the Halloween popcorn mix will stay warm in the Dutch Oven after it's cooked.
Store leftover popcorn in a glass airtight container or Ziploc bags at room temperature. Homemade popcorn is best to consume right away. You can enjoy it up to two days later.
💭 Top tip
I find making healthy monster munch popcorn with coconut oil is best. I much prefer using coconut oil over vegetable oil in most of my cooking. Coconut oil has a myriad of health benefits and it tastes delicious!
Fitty Foodlicious Favorites
Monster Mash Popcorn | Healthy Halloween Treat
- 2 cups organic popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (1-tbs for initially cooking the popcorn and the other 2-tbs for coating the cooked popcorn.)
- 4 tablespoon melted grass-fed butter
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon spirulina
- 1 tablespoon beet root powder
- 1 tablespoon strawberry lemon collagen
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1-2 teaspoon Himalayan sea-salt
- 1 tsp or tbsp ground cinnamon
- Various candy: Mellowcreme pumpkins, candy corn, mini rice chocolate bars, and gingersnaps.Funfetti sprinkles and marshmallows, optional
- Cook the organic popcorn according to popcorn package directions.
- Once the popcorn is cooked, spread over a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle the melted butter, coconut oil, and molasses over the popcorn and knead everything together.
- Next, add the spirulina, beet root powder, and turmeric and knead everything together again.
- Add the sea-salt and cinnamon and add as much or as little candy as you want.
- Next, take a clean paper bag and pour in the popcorn and give the bag a few good shakes. The more you shake the bag, the better the ingredients will combine with the popcorn.
- Place the popcorn back onto the baking sheet and add your candy of choice. Place the popcorn into small serving bowls and sprinkle with Funfetti sprinkles and marshmallows (optional).
- Place any leftover Monster Mash Popcorn into sealed BPA free plastic bags. The Monster Mash Popcorn should keep for up to 3-days.