Spend a fun evening making these easy and delicious pan fried ravioli! This is a great recipe to make with kids and the entire family. Set up a pasta station and fry up this yummy ravioli pasta recipe that's served in Italian restaurants, and can be easily made at home.
Pan Fried Ravioli is a light and delicious Italian dish that's easy to make and only uses a few ingredients. This yummy pasta dish is perfect for Mother's Day and Memorial Day and will impress all of your guests!
🍝 Pan Fried Ravioli is Easy and Delicious
It's no secret that I'm Italian and Irish, and on my Dad's side of the family, all Italians! My family hails from Calabria, Italy, and to say that we LOVE Italian food would be an understatement. We even have the running joke in our family that none of us can sit with our backs to the door. Italians know what I'm talking about. 😂
Fried Ravioli sounds complicated, it's actually super easy to make.
I use store-bought ravioli and frozen ravioli works well too.
You can totally do homemade ravioli
Stay tuned for that pasta recipe coming here soon!
🍝 Ingredients For Pan Seared Ravioli
Ingredients for cooking ravioli in a pan are simple. All you need is a few simple items for the fried cheese ravioli recipe.
What you'll need for Ravioli Skillet:
- Fresh cheese ravioli (I suggest using cheese ones as they fry up better than the meat version.)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- A frying pan
- Organic Bread Crumbs
- Spices: Himalayan sea salt or Kosher salt, black pepper, and oregano combined.
- Parmesan Cheese and fresh Marinara Sauce for dipping, ranch is good too.)
See full recipe card below for quantities
🍝 How To Pan Fry Ravioli
Step 1: Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and set it aside.
Step 2: Combine the spices and bread crumbs together with a whisk. The next thing you want to do is to bread your ravioli. Watch the recipe video I've made where I show you how to do it below.
Take each ravioli and dip it in buttermilk and give them a good coating.
Next, take your ravioli and bread it, dip the ravioli in the breadcrumb spice mixture a few times to coat the entire thing. Do this until all of the pasta is covered.
Step 3: In a deep frying pan, heat the olive oil to 350-degrees and use a thermometer to check the temperature of the oil. You want the olive oil to be over medium heat on the stovetop.
Step 4: Take a slotted spoon and place 5 breaded ravioli in the spoon and gently place them in the oil.
Fry on each side for a minute or so until they begin to puff up.
Step 5: Once the ravioli is puffed up and brown they are ready to be taken out of the oil. The ravioli should be a nice golden brown.
Step 6: Put the fried ravioli on a paper towel-lined plate and let the oil drain off.
Step 7: When the pasta is fried up, place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and let cool for two minutes.
Top with fresh parmesan cheese and enjoy this toasted ravioli! Enjoy these delicious fried ravioli with a fresh heaping of marinara sauce or ranch.
Other delicious pasta sauce options are:
Basil marinara pasta sauce
🍝 Add This Pan Fried Ravioli In Butter To Your Weekly Dinner Rotation
🍝 Variations For How To Fry Ravioli
How do You cook ravioli?
You can boil it, air fry it, pan fry it, and cook it in olive oil like we are doing here.
There are many different ways you can spice up this easy-fried ravioli dish.
How long do you boil ravioli?
Boil the ravioli for only 1-2 minutes
- Spicy - Make it spicy by adding some chili pepper seasoning, this gives it that pizza taste
- Deluxe - add fresh garlic, garlic aioli, or truffle salt
- Kid-friendly - This dish is perfect for kiddos! Get the family in on the fun and make this a fun family night! Pan-fried ravioli is also perfect for movie night!
Check out this web story I made
Be sure and follow, like, and share Fitty Foodlicious with your friends and family!
See more Summer recipes here
You are ready to dig in and eat these delicious gems! They are creamy and crunchy and make a wonderful appetizer.
Pin This Recipe For Later
PIN this recipe for later. You can follow my recipes on Pinterest here.
How To Make Pan Fried Ravioli | Easy Pasta Recipe
- 1 Package Fresh Cheese Ravioli
- 2 Quarts Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Organic Bread Crumbs
- 2 Cups Buttermilk
- ¼ Cup Himalayan sea salt, black pepper, and oregano combined.
- 1 Cup Fresh Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup 1-cup fresh marinara or ranch for dipping sauce
- Prepare a baking sheet with lined with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the buttermilk and bread crumbs in small bowls. Take each ravioli and dip it in the buttermilk and make sure you really give them a good coating.
- Next, you take your ravioli and bread it, dip that ravioli in the breadcrumb mixture a few times to coat the entire thing. Do this until all of the pasta is covered.
- In a deep frying pan, heat the olive oil to 350-degrees and use a thermometer to check the temperature of the oil.
- Take a slotted spoon and place 5 breaded ravioli's in the spoon and gently place them in the oil. Fry on each side for a minute or so until they begin to puff up.
- Once they puff up, they are ready to be taken out of the oil.
- Place the fried ravioli's on a paper-towel-lined plate and let the oil drain off.
- Once all of the ravioli are fried up, place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Top the ravioli with fresh parmesan.
- Enjoy these delicious fried ravioli with a fresh heaping of marinara or ranch.
Thank you for stopping by Fitty Foodlicious, a website dedicated to sharing lasting, family recipes, anxiety tips and tricks, and healthy spirited mental wellness. My goal with this site is to let you know you are not alone. You can cook anything you put your mind to, and as my Italian Grandmother used to say, "Mind Over Matter" and "A good meal with a good friend, can cure almost anything!" Please don't hesitate to reach out. You can contact me at my About Me page or find me jaunting around on Instagram. Cheers! You can purchase my cookbook below