Make my easy stone fruit Galette with simple, fresh ingredients, made without any refined sugar, all encased in a buttery puff pastry. This easy, fruity dessert is sure to please picky palates and can be made in minimal time using fruit that you already have on your kitchen counter.
FALL STONE FRUIT GALETTE IS THE DESSERT FOR THE FALLING LEAVES SEASON
There are many different ways to create the perfect Galette, which is also known as a pastry that is open-faced and filled with fresh fruit or savory ingredients and a delicious sauce.
Pastries are my jam and I often fantasize about living in Paris next to a bakery and drinking espresso and a fresh pastry in the afternoon. Ah, the fantasy. Okay back to reality now.
Do you have summer fruits just hanging out on your kitchen counter waiting to be eaten up? If so, my stone fruit Galette recipe is just for you!
All you’ll need for this easy stone fruit galette dessert is fresh fruit, honey, lemon juice, and puff pastry. This is literally the easiest way to make an uncomplicated pastry dessert.
I picked up some puff pastry from my local grocery store. For the fruity portion, I use in-season stone fruit like yellow and white peaches, blackberries, blueberries, and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
You can use frozen fruit as well, but try to use fresh if possible. Frozen fruit has a high water content in it and could make the Galette watery, which we don’t want.
DON’T OVERCOMPLICATE A SUPER SIMPLE GALETTE RECIPE
I way overcomplicated this stone fruit galette recipe before I made it. I wigged out about it with overthinking and overcomplicating. Blog post on all of that coming soon, but really this recipe is easy and simple.
The first step is thawing out your pastry puff. Thaw out the pastry puff in its packaging for about 45-minutes prior to use.
All the things you can do with Puff Pasty.
Don’t over-thaw your puff pastry, as that will also cause it to be watery. While your puff pastry is thawing, prep your fruit. Thinly slice your peaches, and mix them in with the blueberries and blackberries. Thinly slicing the fruit will make this stone fruit galette taste even more delicious.
Add in some fresh lemon juice to keep everything from browning. Next, add in some flour. The flour acts as a thickener and keeps your fruit from spilling out of your puff pastry while the pastry is baking.
NEED ANOTHER DELICIOUS GALETTE RECIPE? MAKE THIS ONE TOO!
NATURAL SWEETENER IS THE WAY TO GO FOR THIS DESSERT
For the sweetener, I used honey and some coconut sugar. It was important to me for this recipe to be refined sugar-free. Traditional Galettes are made with white sugar.
The less sweetener added to a galette, the better. The sweetener from the fruits will naturally sweeten the stone fruit galette.
I found the honey to be a wonderful swap. Make sure your oven is completely preheated for at least 10-minutes before you pop the prepped Galette in the oven. The hotter the oven, the better the Galette will turn out.
THESE BLUEBERRY TURNOVERS ARE THE WAY TO GO FOR AN EASY, HOMEMADE BREAKFAST OPTION
Galettes are super easy to make. Don’t make the mistake of overcomplicating them as I did. I have plans for lots of yummy Galette recipes hitting the blog all fall long.
From savory ones to detectible ones, autumn at Fitty Foodlicious is going to be having a Galette moment. Can we take a second and think about how fast summer is flying by?
I won’t even get into the fact that Labor Day is next weekend. Yikes, it gets faster and faster every year.
Are you guys excited for fall? Have you ever made a Galette before?
FALL STONE FRUIT GALETTE
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup sliced white peaches halved, pitted and cut into 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup liced yellow peaches halved, pitted and cut into 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick slices
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp flour for the fruit mixure
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tbsp melted butter or eggwash
- Preheat the oven to 425-degrees.
- Roll out the thawed puff pastry on a floured surface using a rolling pin and additional flour to flatten out the dough.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the white and yellow peaches, blueberries, blackberries, lemon juice, honey, coconut sugar, flour, and pumpkin spice.
- Pile the fruit filling onto the prepared dough, making sure to keep the fruit in the middle of the dough. Make sure and leave a 2-inch border around the edge. Fold the rim of the dough up over outer rim of the filling, overlapping the dough into triangles as you go.
- Brush the crust with the melted butter and sprinkle with additional pumpkin spice.
- Bake the Galette on a parchment lined, baking sheet for 30-35-minutes at 425-degrees until the crust is a nice golden brown.
- Let the Galette cool for 10-minutes and serve warm with ice cream, if desired.