Hot Chocolate Bombs are super fun and easy to make and are a perfect Valentine’s Day gift or treat! Made with only a few ingredients and all the toppings you can think of, this is one fun recipe you’ll come to again and again!
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR VALENTINE’S DAY
Hot Chocolate Bombs are all the rage on the internet right now and for good reason. They are super fun to make! You can get wildly creative with them and add all of the toppings your heart desires.
You can also add different kinds of chocolate. For my Hot Chocolate Bombs, I use a combo of milk and white chocolate.
You can take your Hot Chocolate Bombs to the next level, by adding them to white hot chocolate or Irish Cream coffee. The possibilities are endless!
When I first saw Hot Chocolate Bombs trending on the internet, I thought they were super complicated to make, but they are actually super easy.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
You will need a Hot Chocolate Bomb mold and I purchased two from Amazon here. You’ll also need chocolate, hot chocolate mix, and any toppings like marshmallows, m&m’s, sprinkles, whatever toppings you prefer.
You will also need a hot plate to mold the hot chocolate bombs together. And don’t forget your warm milk to drop your delicious hot chocolate bombs into.
These are super fun to make with the entire family and take less than an hour total to make.
MY TIPS AND TRICKS FOR PERFECT HOT CHOCOLATE BOMBS
Most recipes suggest you harden your hot chocolate bombs in the fridge, but I recommend freezing them so they harden properly.
You’ll also need a little bit of patience as it can be tricky to mold the hot chocolate bombs together properly. Be super careful when removing them from the molds as well as they can easily crack.
Do you have any big plans for Valentine’s Day? I’m not sure what we are doing yet as everything is still closed around here, but I know I’ll be making my easy Hot Chocolate Bombs this weekend!
Are you ready to make some delicious Valentine’s Day gifts for your loved ones? Check out the full recipe below to get started! Code Removed
Hot Chocolate Bombs
Yield: 4Genevieve Jerome : Genevieve Jerome | Fitty FoodliciousPREP TIME: : 10 MINCOOK TIME: : 15 MINTOTAL TIME: : 25 MINHot Chocolate Bombs are super fun and easy to make and are a perfect Valentine’s Day gift or treat! Made with only a few ingredients and all the toppings you can think of, this is one fun recipe you’ll come to again and again!
- Hot Chocolate Bombs Molds (2)
- 1-bag Guittard’s Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/2-bag White Chocolate Chips
- 2-cups Guittard’s Hot Chocolate Mixture
- 2-cups mini marshmallows
- 2-cups Valentine’s Day M&M’s
- 1/4-cup Valentine’s Day Sprinkles
- Melt both chocolates over a bowl of boiling water for 15-minutes or until completely melted.
- Spoon in the melted chocolate into one set of the hot chocolate bombs molds. Spoon the chocolate up the sides of each mold and make sure to add enough so that each half is nice and thick.
- You can repeat the same step with the white chocolate.
- Place the chocolate molds on a cookie sheet and place them in the freezer for 15-minutes. You want to make sure the chocolate if frozen solid.
- Warm-up a small plate.
- Once the chocolate shells are ready, carefully pop each one out of the molds.
- Grab one chocolate mold and melt the top rim of it on the warm plate.
- Fill the half mold with hot cocoa mixture, marshmallows, M&M, and the sprinkles.
- Grab another chocolate mold and warm the rim on the plate and place the top of it on the prepared, filled chocolate mold and meld them together.
- You can easily do this by rubbing melted chocolate on the sides until the hot chocolate bomb forms.
- Repeat the above steps until all of the chocolate molds are prepped.
- Place the hot chocolate bombs back in the freezer for a few minutes to firm up again.
- Now with the extra melted dark and white chocolate, drizzle the melted chocolate onto each bomb and place them back in the freezer for 15-minutes until frozen solid.
- Grab two mugs of warm milk, remove hot chocolate bombs from the freezer and drop them into the hot milk and watch them melt and come to life. This is the most gratifying part of making hot chocolate bombs.
Use a hot plate and extra melted chocolate to form the hot chocolate bombs into place. Make sure to leave the hot chocolate molds in the freezer until they are frozen solid during each freezing step. When you are ready to remove the chocolate from the molds, pop them out very carefully so they don’t crack.
Sat. Fat (grams)23.32