Make these delicious and lucky Rice Krispie Treats this weekend and perhaps something magical and lucky will happen to you! Made with cocoa Rice Krispies, marshmallows, Kerry Gold butter, and topped with Lucky Charm marshmallows, this is one fun dessert recipe you’ll want to make again and again!
If I have a weakness, it’s definitely Rice Krispies. Well, Rice Krispies and coffee to be exact. And that combo is simply dreamy. I tried to come up with a “healthier” version of Rice Krispie treats for you guys, but let’s be honest. When I think of the words Rice Krispie treats, I’m not exactly thinking healthy. So this dessert isn’t healthy, but it sure is delicious and a fun way to celebrate the new year! Plus, these are LUCKY Rice Krispies so I can almost guarantee you that they will bring you luck.
Speaking of luck, you will need Lucky Charms Marshmallows for this recipe which I found at Target. They are super cute and elevate the Rice Krispy treats. If you mix in the Lucky Charm Marshmallows into the Rice Krispy mix you’ll get a weird brown color so don’t do that. Use regular marshmallows with the chocolate Rice Krispies and place the Lucky Charm Marshmallows on top. The nice thing about the Lucky Charm marshmallows is they add a nice pop to your treats and are super colorful!
When I was a kid, my mom would get the classic blue boxes of Rice Krispies at the grocery store as a treat and I always remember getting so excited about them. If I saw the blue box peeping out, I would immediately ask her if I could have one. Rice Krispies sure hold a nostalgic place for in my heart.
My lucky Rice Krispies are made with cocoa Rice Krispies. They are slightly sweetened and make the Rice Krispies taste even better. I love chocolate Rice Krispies and these Rice Krispie treats will for sure fix your chocolate craving! You get the best of both worlds with these Rice Krispies, chocolate, marshmallows, and a delicious marshmallow topping.
As most of you know, I’ve been going in for weekly acupuncture appointments to help manage my anxiety and to help with other big things in my life. Well, at my last appointment it was cloudy and overcast outside and the blinds were closed in my room. So, I’m laying there, meditating as I do in those appointments, and I’m envisioning the life I want for myself when all of the sudden the entire room fills up with a warm, golden bright light. It was magical! I looked over at the window and it was still cloudy and mucky outside so I have no idea where the light came from, but it was an amazing experience and confirmation that I’m making the right decisions.
So perhaps you’ll make my Lucky Rice Krispy treats and something lucky will happen to you! We can only hope.
How has 2020 started for you for?
Lucky Rice Krispie Treats
Yield: 8Author: Genevieve Jerome | Fitty FoodliciousPREP TIME: 5 MCOOK TIME: 10 MTOTAL TIME: 15 MMake these delicious and lucky Rice Krispie Treats this weekend and perhaps something magical and lucky will happen to you! Made with cocoa Rice Krispies, marshmallows, Kerry Gold butter, and topped with Lucky Charm marshmallows, this is one fun dessert recipe you’ll want to make again and again!
- 3/4-cup Kerry Gold Butter
- 1-16 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 2-cups Lucky Charm marshmallows
- 8-cups Cocoa Rice Krispies cereal
- Line a 12-inch baking pan with parchment paper
- Spray the parchment paper with avocado oil, set aside
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and add the 16 oz. bag of marshmallows. (The Lucky Charm marshmallows are for the topping so leave those out.)
- Pour the cocoa rice krispies into a large mixing bowl.
- Remove from heat and pour the marshmallow butter mixture over the cocoa rice krispies.
- Pour the rice krispies mixture into the prepared baking pan and pack them in. Use a spatula to pack in the rice krispies so they have a good form.
- Press the Lucky Charm marshmallows into the top of the rice krispies.
- Let them chill in the fridge for thirty minutes.
- Remove from the fridge, slice using a sharp knife, and enjoy!
Make sure you use a sharp knife to cut the rice krispies once they have set. Keep them in airtight baggies on the counter for up to 3-days.
Sat. Fat (grams)11.04