Honey peach pie is made without any refined sugar and uses honey instead of white sugar for the sweetness. Made with a lattice, buttery crust, fresh peaches, cinnamon, and nutmeg, this is one easy peach pie recipe you won't want to miss.
HONEY PEACH PIE
Honey peach pie that is homemade is one of the easiest recipes on the internet.
Peach pie with honey instead of sugar makes this peachy pie recipe a delicious option.
This is especially awesome for people who enjoy the taste of peach pie without it being overly sweet.
When researching homemade peach pie recipes on the internet, I found so many that had tons and tons of sugar in them.
We don't love a ton of sugar in our pies in our household. We believe that the fruit sweetens the pie enough without needing to add a lot of extra sugar.
Honey is a wonderful sugar substitute in pies. Honey gives this pie recipe a velvety, caramel texture.
Want to make Peach Cobbler?
It's all about the texture for honey peach pie. We use 1 cup honey as our sweetener. This makes a gorgeous honey caramel filling.
The honey makes this a perfect peach pie recipe.
You can easily turn this into a Dutch peach pie recipe by making a crumb topping instead of a lattice crust topping.
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A DUTCH PEACH PIE AND A SOUTHERN PEACH PIE RECIPE?
A Dutch peach pie is made with a cinnamon-sugar crumb topping.
A Southern peach pie is made with almond extract, raspberries, and blackberries.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PEACH PIE AND A PEACH COBBLER?
Make your peach pie made with fresh or canned peaches (always opt for fresh peaches).
Peach cobbler is a dessert consisting of a fruit filling that you pour into a large baking dish and cover with a batter, biscuit, or dumpling before being baking it.
Another delicious cobbler recipe
A peach cobbler is super easy to make, but so is my honey peach pie recipe.
HOW TO MAKE PIE CRUST FOR HONEY PEACH PIE?
You can totally make pie crust from scratch, but to make this recipe faster and easier, I opted for storebought pie crust for my honey peach pie recipe.
I use a two-pack of butter pie crust from my local grocery store. Using storebought pie crust also makes it easier to make a lattice pie crust.
Lattice pie crust is really easy!
For the pie crust, simply roll out the one sheet of pastry with a rolling pin to fit a 10-inch pie plate and place it in the bottom of the pie plate. Make sure to use flour to flour a flat surface first.
For the lattice portion, this is what you do: Lay 5 strips of pie crust over the top of the pie. Weave remaining pastry dough strips through to form a lattice top.
Fold the ends of the lattice strips under the bottom crust and crimp the crust. Brush cream over the top and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon coconut sugar.
WHAT IS A GOOD INDICATOR OF A WELL-BAKED PIE CRUST?
A well-baked pie crust will be golden brown and will be slightly flakey, but not falling apart. This is how you know you know you have a perfectly baked honey peach pie.
You can make honey glazed peaches for this recipe. Make sure to use ripe peaches for honey peach pie.
Grill peaches work great for this honey peach pie too. The scent of fresh peach pie will be wafting through your house. This is a fantastic no-sugar peach pie recipe.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE GREAT EASY-TO-MAKE DESSERTS?
Homemade honey peach pie is an easy and healthy alternative to so many desserts out there.
No one wants soggy peach pie filling. I found a trick from google to avoid it. Simply combine the sliced peached and coconut sugar in a bowl and let sit for 15-20-minutes. The coconut sugar will drain the excess juices from the peaches. There you go, no soggy pie!
CAN I REBAKE A HALF BAKED PIE?
As long as you store your honey peach pie in the fridge correctly, you can totally rebake a half-baked pie. Make sure to reheat a freshly baked pie within a couple of days of baking.
Pair this delectable homemade honey peach pie recipe with ice cream and you have the perfect dessert!
Pro-tip for this recipe: Make sure you add lemon juice to your peaches after slicing them in a large bowl. This will keep the peaches from browning.
This peach pie recipe is the perfect, healthy dessert for summer. Enjoy it with vanilla ice or fresh, homemade whip cream for a yummy summer treat!
HONEY PEACH PIE (HOMEMADE)
- 2 pounds fresh peaches, peeled and sliced I did not peel my peaches, but you certainly can if you prefer.
- 1 cup coconut sugar, divided
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup honey
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pie pastry for a 10-inch pie crust I used storebought pie pastry, but you can make your own crust from scratch.
- 1 tablespoon grassfed butter, cut into pieces Reseve this butter for the top of the pie for before baking
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream or egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir peaches, ½ cup coconut sugar, lemon juice, corn starch, and salt together in a bowl. Let sit for 20 to 30 minutes. Strain accumulated juices into a saucepan and return strained peaches to bowl.
- Roll out half the pastry to fit a 10-inch pie plate. Place bottom crust in pie plate. Pour peach filling into pie shell, tap pie plate against a surface to settle filling, and dot with butter.
- Roll remaining crust into an 11-inch circle and cut into 1-inch strips using a paring knife or pastry wheel.
- Lay 5 strips of pie crust over the top of the pie. Weave remaining pastry dough strips through to form a lattice top. Fold the ends of the lattice strips under the bottom crust and crimp the crust. Brush cream over the top and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon coconut sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and bubbling, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Cool completely before slicing. Serve with homemade whip cream or vanilla ice cream.