By Fitty Foodlicious
Honey peach pie is made without any refined sugar and uses honey instead of white sugar for the sweetness. Made with a lattice, buttery crust, fresh peaches, cinnamon, and nutmeg, this is one easy peach pie recipe you won't want to miss.
What you'll need for Honey Peach Pie – 2 pounds fresh peaches, peeled and sliced I did not peel my peaches, but you certainly can if you prefer. – 1 cup coconut sugar, divided – 1 pinch sea salt – 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice – 1 teaspoon cinnamon – 1 teaspoon nutmeg – 1 cup honey – ¼ cup all purpose flour – 1 tablespoon cornstarch – 1 pie pastry for a 10-inch pie crust I used storebought pie pastry, but you can make your own crust from scratch. – 1 tablespoon grassfed butter, cut into pieces Reseve this butter for the top of the pie for before baking – 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream or egg whites
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
– Stir peaches, honey, ½ cup coconut sugar, lemon juice, corn starch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl. Let sit for 20 to 30 minutes. Strain accumulated juices and set aside. See recipe notes below on how to make homemade peach syrup with the additional juices. Return strained peaches to a bowl.
– Roll out half the pastry on a floured surface to fit a 10-inch pie plate. Place bottom crust in pie plate. Pour peach filling into pie shell, tap pie plate against a surface to settle filling, and dot with butter.
– Roll remaining crust into an 11-inch circle and cut into 1-inch strips using a paring knife or pastry wheel.
– Lay 5 strips of pie crust over the top of the pie. Weave remaining pastry dough strips through to form a lattice top. Fold the ends of the lattice strips under the bottom crust and crimp the crust. Brush cream over the top and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon coconut sugar. Top with more cinnamon and nutmeg.
– Bake in the preheated oven until browned and bubbling, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Cool completely before slicing. Serve with homemade whip cream or vanilla ice cream.