Easy Blueberry turnovers could not be more simple to make and only take a few minutes to prepare. Made with fresh blueberries, cream cheese, sugar, egg, and puff pastry, this is one breakfast recipe you'll be making again and again!
EASY BLUEBERRY TURNOVERS USES MINIMAL INGREDIENTS
Easy blueberry turnovers use minimal ingredients and take less than 15-minutes to prepare. Let's be honest, we could all use a quick and easy breakfast recipe in our lives.
These easy blueberry turnovers are also perfect for the upcoming Fourth of July weekend! Do you guys have any fun plans? We are headed to the mountains with our dogs which I'm really looking forward too.
You could make my Cherry Turnovers recipe with this delicious cocktail.
I love this recipe because it only uses a few ingredients which is my jam. Especially for breakfast, you don't want a ton of food, but you want good food.
These easy blueberry turnovers are made with fresh blueberries, cream cheese, a little bit of sugar, puff pastry, and egg. That's it!
I suggest using fresh blueberries for this recipe, but you could totally use frozen blueberries too.
The blueberry filling with the cream cheese is what makes these easy blueberry turnovers so delicious.
Another great blueberry breakfast idea are these yummy waffles.
EASY BREAKFAST FOR FOURTH OF JULY
I'm a big fan of easy and these easy blueberry turnovers are so simple to make.
First, thaw out your frozen puff pastry dough and bring it to room temperature. Next, prepare your cream cheese filling, by combining the granulated sugar and egg yolk together. Whisk together the sugar and egg yolk.
Make sure you separate the egg yolk in a small bowl from the egg whites and save the egg whites for the egg wash.
Next, add the softened cream cheese and combine the sugar and cream cheese together. I used a stand mixer for the part. You want the cream cheese filling to be nice and smooth. To make it extra fancy, you could also add some fresh lemon zest to the filling. You could also add vanilla extract too, but this recipe doesn't really need it.
Set the cream cheese filling aside and prepare your pastry dough. Roll out the thawed puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Using a dough cutter, divide the dough down the middle and then into two parts. This should make 6-turnovers total for each sheet of pastry dough.
Once your dough is prepared, spread the cream cheese filling evenly on each divided piece of dough. Next, add your blueberries and press edges together. You could also fold over each piece of dough as I did. This makes these open turnovers.
Get creative with it! There is no wrong way and you are going to love these easy blueberry turnovers!
Place your prepared turnovers on a baking sheet and bake at 400-degrees for 15-minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
15-minutes should be enough time, you don't want to burn your puff pastry. You can also add powdered sugar when your pastry is ready, but I find that they are sweet enough as is.
These easy blueberry turnovers are like a mini blueberry pie! Talk about a delicious and easy breakfast idea.
I hope you guys have a fabulous Fourth of July weekend!
EASY BLUEBERRY TURNOVERS
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulate sugar You could also sub coconut sugar or hoeny
- 1 egg yolk Reserve the egg white for the egg wash
- 1 box puff pastry
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees
- Prepare a lined baking sheet
- Lay the sheet of puff pastry on a floured surface and roll out evenly.
- Divide the puff pastry into 6 rectangles, if you are using two sheets of puff pastry this will make 12-blueberry turnoves total.
- Seperate the egg yolk from the egg white and set the egg white aside.
- Add the egg yolk to the sugar and cream the sugar and egg together.
- Next, add the softened cream cheese and cream the sugar and egg mixture with the cream cheese in a stand mixer until smooth.
- Once your cream cheese filling is prepared, spoon a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture down the center of each puff pastry square from corner to corner.
- Place a few blueberries into the center of the cream cheese mixture.
- You can fold each corner of the puff pastry to keep these open blueberry turnovers or you can fold over each side evenly from corner to corner and press the edges together evenly.
- Place the turnovers on the baking sheet and brush each prepared blueberry turnover with the egg wash.
- Bake at 400-degrees for 15-minutes or until golden brown.