Blueberry Puff Pastry Turnovers could not be more simple to make and only take a few minutes to prepare. Made with fresh blueberries, cream cheese, sugar, egg, and puff pastry, this is one breakfast recipe you'll be making again and again!
Blueberry Puff Pastry Turnovers are easy to make and use minimal ingredients for an easy and delicious on-the-go breakfast option. These easy blueberry turnovers are fantastic to make in the summer to ring in the Fourth of July and taste lovely any time of the year!
🫐 Ingredients For Puff Pastry Blueberry Turnovers
What you'll need for blueberry turnover filling recipe:
- Puff Pastry Dough
- Softened Cream Cheese
- Fresh Blueberries (Frozen Blueberries do not work as well for this recipe as they contain a lot of water content)
- Egg and eggwash
See full recipe card below for quantities
Check out my delicious Cherry Turnovers recipe for more breakfast delight!
Check out more delicious summer recipes below
🫐 Blueberry Cream Cheese Puff Pastry Turnovers
You could make puff pastry blueberry Turnovers recipe with this delicious cocktail.
I love this blueberry turnovers recipe because it only uses a few ingredients which is my jam. Especially for breakfast, you don't want a ton of food, but you want good food.
These easy blueberry turnovers are made with fresh blueberries, cream cheese, a little bit of sugar, puff pastry, and egg. That's it!
Fruit turnover recipes are so fun to make because they use fruit that's been sitting on your counter.
I suggest using fresh blueberries for this recipe, but you could totally use frozen blueberries too.
The blueberry filling with the cream cheese is what makes these easy blueberry turnovers so delicious.
Another great blueberry breakfast idea is this Blueberry Waffles Casserole
🫐 How To Make Puff Pastry Berry Turnovers
I'm a big fan of easy and these easy blueberry turnovers are so simple to make.
Gather your ingredients for blueberry turnover recipe with pie crust and make sure your cream cheese and egg are at room temperature
Step 1: First, thaw out your frozen puff pastry dough and bring it to room temperature. Next, prepare your cream cheese filling, by combining the granulated sugar and egg yolk together. Whisk together the sugar and egg yolk.
Step 2: Make sure you separate the egg yolk in a small bowl from the egg whites and save the egg whites for the egg wash.
Step 3: Next, add the softened cream cheese and combine the sugar and cream cheese together. I used a stand mixer for the part. You want the cream cheese filling to be nice and smooth.
To make it extra fancy, add some fresh lemon zest and vanilla extract to the filling
Step 4: Set the cream cheese filling aside and prepare your pastry dough. Roll out the thawed puff pastry on a lightly floured surface.
Using a dough cutter, divide the dough down the middle and into two parts. This should make 6-turnovers total for each sheet of pastry dough.
Step 5: Spread the cream cheese filling evenly on each divided piece of dough.
Next, add your blueberries and press the edges together.
You could also fold over each piece of dough as I did. This makes these open turnovers.
Get creative with it! There is no wrong way and you are going to love these easy blueberry turnovers!
Step 6: Place your prepared turnovers on a baking sheet.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-minutes until the edges turn golden brown.
15-minutes should be enough time, you don't want to burn your puff pastry.
Optional Add On's:
- Powdered Sugar
- Lemon zest or Orange Zest
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, or pumpkin spice
These easy blueberry turnovers are like a mini blueberry pie! Talk about a delicious and easy breakfast idea.
Easy blueberry turnovers use minimal ingredients and take less than 15-minutes to prepare. Let's be honest, we could all use a quick and easy breakfast recipe in our lives.
These easy blueberry turnovers are also perfect for Fourth of July weekend!
EASY BLUEBERRY TURNOVERS
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulate sugar You could also sub coconut sugar or hoeny
- 1 egg yolk Reserve the egg white for the egg wash
- 1 box puff pastry
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees
- Prepare a lined baking sheet
- Lay the sheet of puff pastry on a floured surface and roll out evenly.
- Divide the puff pastry into 6 rectangles, if you are using two sheets of puff pastry this will make 12-blueberry turnoves total.
- Seperate the egg yolk from the egg white and set the egg white aside.
- Add the egg yolk to the sugar and cream the sugar and egg together.
- Next, add the softened cream cheese and cream the sugar and egg mixture with the cream cheese in a stand mixer until smooth.
- Once your cream cheese filling is prepared, spoon a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture down the center of each puff pastry square from corner to corner.
- Place a few blueberries into the center of the cream cheese mixture.
- You can fold each corner of the puff pastry to keep these open blueberry turnovers or you can fold over each side evenly from corner to corner and press the edges together evenly.
- Place the turnovers on the baking sheet and brush each prepared blueberry turnover with the egg wash.
- Bake at 400-degrees for 15-minutes or until golden brown.