Easy Irish Cream Latte is the perfect recipe for Saint Patrick’s Day! This is a classic and delicious famous coffee recipe that hails back from Ireland and could not be more simple to make. Turn the coffee pot on and whip my lovely Irish Cream Coffee Latte. This will be your new go-to coffee drink!
Irish Cream Latte is perfect for celebrating St. Patrick's Day, but it's also scrumptiously delicious any time of the year! Secret, I actually make this creamy drink concoction daily for breakfast.
Easy Irish Cream Latte, A Delicious and Alcohol-Free Drink
Easy Irish Cream Latte is a staple in Ireland and no wonder because it’s creamy, rich, frothy, and delicious. It will warm you right up on a chilly morning and it’s alcohol-free. You could totally add Baileys Irish Cream if that’s your jam, but this recipe is for coffee drinkers all around!
How Is Traditional Irish Cream Coffee Made?
Traditional Irish coffee is made with coffee, Irish Whiskey, brown sugar, and fresh cream. You could totally make this to go with your Corned Beef on Saint Patrick’s Day and enjoy the traditional Irish Cream latte as dessert after dinner.
Does Irish Cream Latte Have Alcohol?
I wanted to make an Irish Cream Latte recipe at home that was friendly for everyone and I don’t drink so I’ve left out the alcohol in this recipe. You can easily turn this into a Baileys Latte by adding Baileys Irish Cream in lieu of the Irish Cream syrup.
You can purchase Irish Cream syrup here off Amazon. This is my favorite brand and what I love about this Irish Cream syrup is that it’s not overly sweet, but just sweet enough to really taste the Irish Cream in the coffee. Torani makes a decent syrup too.
Irish Latte Ingredients
The best about making an Irish Cream Latte or Irish Coffee Latte is it only uses minimal ingredients and takes no time at all. This is similar to the Starbucks Irish Cream Latte that you can make right at home. Pick up these ingredients at your local grocery shop and you will be making this Irish classic all March long! This coffee gem is similar to the Irish Cream Latte recipe Starbucks but better and cheaper.
What you'll need for the creamiest Irish drink ever:
- A strong quality dark roast coffee or espresso
- Irish Cream Syrup, pick up my favorite and the only brand I use here
- Heavy Cream or Milk
- Whipped Cream
- Optional add-ins- Love Chocolate? Turn this delicious Irish Cream Latte into an Irish Mocha Latte and add cacao powder or grated chocolate and you've got a yummy Irish Mocha.
See the Recipe Card below for quantities.
Pro Tip: I recommend using a very strong coffee like Sumatra or Nespresso Dark Roast Double Espresso Pods for this recipe. The stronger the coffee, the better. You want to refrain from using a light roast coffee, as traditional Irish Coffee is made with dark roast coffee.
Prefer your coffee drinks iced? Easy. Stash your prepared coffee in the fridge for a few minutes after brewing. Once it's a bit cold, make your Irish Cream Latte via the recipe card below and add lots of ice. Boom! Iced Irish Cream Latte!
How To Make Irish Cream Latte?
There are a few ways to make Irish Cream Latte and most people think that means adding alcohol, but that’s not true.
You could make traditional Irish coffee. It's very similar to how you make an Irish Latte.
Traditionally, Irish coffee is made with coffee, brown sugar, Irish cream syrup, heavy cream and topped with fresh whipped cream.
How To Make A Latte With Nespresso
Please do not go spending your money on a Nespresso unless you already have one. If you do, here's the easiest way to make a delicious latte with your Nespresso.
- Froth your milk of chocie in an Aeroccino or my favorite milk steamer which you can find here. Bonus: It's cheaper than the fancy brand!
- Quickly pour the prepared milk and foam into a tall glass Irish coffe mug or coffee mug. Pro Tip: Wait 20-seconds for the seperation of milk layers.
- Brew your capsule of choice directly into your mug. I love the Double Espresso ones for lattes, here's great decaf option too.
- Add additional foam to the top layer of your latte.
How To Make Coffee For This Recipe?
The first step to the perfect Irish Cream Latte is to prep your dark roast espresso or brew dark roast coffee.
You can make the coffee for this recipe in two ways.
You can brew your coffee using an at-home espresso machine or Nespresso machine. If using a Nespresso machine, I brew two double espresso pods for this recipe. I like my coffee really strong.
Don't fret if you don't have a fancy espresso machine, because you don't need one. Simply brew a really good cup of coffee and that will do perfectly for this easy Irish Latte Cream recipe. I highly recommend grinding whole beans for this recipe versus using ground coffee. Ground coffee is not the best option for this recipe, but if it's all you have that's okay.
Pro Tip Two: For the best tasting coffee and Irish Cream Latte, always opt to buy your coffee beans whole bean versus ground. Ground coffee becomes stale quickly and simply doesn't taste nearly as divine as whole bean coffee does. NEVER freeze your coffee beans. Freezing or storing coffee beans or coffee grounds in the fridge or freezer causes moisture to build up and it will ruin your coffee beans. I always cringe when I watch the opening scene in Fraiser when he pulls his Starbucks Kenya beans from the freezer. No! Don't do that, always store your coffee beans at room temperature in a cool, dry, dark place. The more you know. 🙂
Saint Patrick's Day Is Almost Here
Saint Patrick’s Day is one of my favorite holidays. I’m part Irish and it’s a part of our roots and my heritage to celebrate such an important day.
Saint Patrick's Day celebrates the foremost patron Saint of Ireland. Traditionally, this day is celebrated with a feast of food and people wear green to honor Saint Patrick and Ireland. This holiday is near and dear to my heart and my family actually celebrates it all March long!
EVERY YEAR I MAKE TRADITIONAL CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE AND YOU GET THE FULL RECIPE FOR THAT HERE.
We also celebrate with a delicious dessert and of course, some of my Irish Cream Lattes. Check these delicious Irish Cream Truffles to go with your Irish Cream Latte.
Do you celebrate Sait Patrick’s Day? I’d love to hear how you celebrate this special day! Stay tuned for more Irish recipes hitting the blog all March long!
Be sure and follow, like, and share Fitty Foodlicious with your friends and family!
Pin This Recipe For Later
IRISH CREAM LATTE | ST. PATRICK'S DAY CLASSIC
- 1 cup freshly brewed dark roast coffee or 2-shots espresso Make sure to use a high-quality dark roast coffee
- 2 tbs Irish Cream Cream Syrup Use more or less, depending on how sweet you like your coffee.
- 2 ounces Heavy cream You can use milk of choice
- Fresh Whipped Cream for topping
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon for topping
- Brew coffee or espresso in a coffee maker or Nespresso machine
- Steam heavy cream using a milk frother or steam heavy cream in a pan on the stovetop on low heat. Bring heavy cream to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk for 3-minutes until milk is nice and frothy. You can also use a portable milk frother.
- Pour the coffee, Irish cream syrup, and heavy cream into a tall glass or coffee mug. Stir until combined.
- You can add more syrup for sweetness if desired.
- Top with fresh whipped cream and enjoy!
Thank you for stopping by Fitty Foodlicious, a website dedicated to sharing lasting, family recipes, anxiety tips and tricks, and healthy spirited mental wellness. My goal with this site is to let you know you are not alone. You can cook anything you put your mind to, and as my Italian Grandmother used to say, "Mind Over Matter" and "A good meal with a good friend, can cure almost anything!" Please don't hesitate to reach out. You can contact me at my About Me page or find me jaunting around on Instagram. Cheers!