Healthy Burrito Bowls are super easy to make for dinner and are great on those nights where you have no clue what to make. Made with Carne Asada steak, Jasmine rice, black beans, shredded cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, bell peppers, avocado, onions, radish, tomatoes, and fresh salsa, this is one recipe you’ll be making on repeat.
HEALTHY BURRITO BOWLS WILL BE ON REPEAT IN YOUR HOUSE
I love burrito bowls from Chipotle, but not only are they costly, but they are also full of unnecessary oils that our bodies don’t need. Save money and time and make my healthy burrito bowls right at home.
The whole family will love this easy Mexican food meal that tastes great as leftovers the next day.
FOOD PREP IS EASY WITH EASY MEAL IDEAS
If food prep is your jam, then you can prep the meat and other ingredients on a Sunday and have easy lunch and dinner options all week!
Every ingredient in my healthy burrito bowls freezes well, just add the fresh salsa and sour cream when you are ready to eat.
I love cooking, but since I cook for a living, I want easy meals to make at home that I don’t have to think about. Healthy Burrito Bowls fit the bill and make my grocery shopping easy.
ADD ANY MEAT YOU WANT OR MAKE THEM VEGETARIAN
Plus, you can switch the Carne Asada out with chicken, or make them vegetarian and leave out the meat. It’s totally up to you!
I’m into easy meals that I don’t have to think about too much and that are easy to cook. I also love that you can pull these from the freezer and reheat them the next day for a healthy lunch. Easy peasy.
LOADS OF VEGGIES BRING THESE BURRITO BOWLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL
I love to load my healthy burrito bowls with loads of veggies like fresh bell peppers and fresh tomatoes. I also add tons of lettuce to my burrito bowls. The more veggies, the better.
My favorite rice to use for all cooking is Jasmin rice. Jasmine rice has a lovely nutty taste to it and adds wonderful flavor to any dish. I highly recommend it for burrito bowls. It’s also the same rice that one restaurant uses.
Grab the family, load up my healthy burrito bowls and enjoy an evening in eating really tasty food.
HEALTHY BURRITO BOWLS
- 4 c Jasmine rice cooked
- 2 c Black beans cooked
- 1 lb Carne Asada meat seasoned with taco seasoning and cooked with a little pink in the middle.
- 1 c White onion diced
- 2 c Tomaotoes diced
- ½ c Radishes sliced
- 1 c Fresh salsa
- 1 c Fresh bell peppers sliced
- ½ c Sour cream
- 4 c Iceberg lettuce shredded
- 2 c Mexican Cheese shredded
- 1 c Cilantro
- 1 Lime sliced in half
- Cook the Carne Asada in taco seasoning and cook until medium or medium-rare. Slice the meat into thin slices.
- Divide the Jasmine rice between two bowls and add the black beans. Top with the Carne Asada meat.
- Next, divide the rest of the ingredients evenly between both burrito bowls.
- Add the diced onion, tomatoes, radish, fresh salsa, sliced bell peppers, and sour cream.
- Top the burrito bowls with Mexican shredded cheese and loads of shredded lettuce.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime juice.