Healthy Beef Burrito Bowls are super easy to make for dinner and are great on those nights when you have no clue what to make. Made with Carne Asada steak, Jasmine rice, black beans, shredded cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, bell peppers, avocado, onions, radish, tomatoes, and fresh salsa, this is one recipe you’ll be making on repeat.
Beef Burrito Bowl is delicious to eat all year round and works wonderfully for summer and hotter nights! This easy beef dinner recipe also makes great leftovers and works well as beef burrito bowl meal prep. Enjoy this beef burrito bowls recipe with Watermelon Cilantro Mint Frose and eat up Mint Honey Stone Fruit Salad for dessert for the perfect summer evening meal!
Want even more easy dinner recipes? Check out How To Make Pan Fried Ravioli or Creamy Lemon Pasta Lemon With Chicken or make BLT Pasta for an easy, light summer pasta dish. Need an easy summer cocktail? Make Blueberry and Peach Vodka Spritzer and use up those blueberries and peaches in your fridge.
More Easy Summer Recipes
What You'll Need For Homemade Burrito Bowls
I love burrito bowls from Chipotle, but they are costly and full of unnecessary oils that our bodies don’t need. Save money and time and make my healthy beef burrito bowls right at home.
The whole family will love these Mexican burrito bowls meal that tastes great as leftovers the next day.
Ingredients For DIY Burrito Bowl:
- Carne Asada or ground beef (always opt for grass-fed meat whenever possible)
- Cooked Jasmine rice or brown rice (any rice works perfectly!)
- Shredded Cheese (I like using Mexican shredded cheese or sharp cheddar cheese for the best flavor
- Black Beans ( Black beans are full of healthy fiber and help to regulate hormones naturally in the body)
- Tomatoes or diced tomatoes (Fresh diced tomatoes are best)
- Salsa (any type of salsa works well in this recipe, red or green salsa as well as Pico De Gallo which is my favorite)
- Fresh lime and lime juice
- Onion (red or white onion)
- Radish (radish brings out the other flavors in the burrito bowl and brings a nice spice to this dish)
- Bell peppers (red, orange, or green bell peppers, or even better, use both)
- Sour Cream
- Lettuce (you can use leafy greens, arugula, mixed greens, kale, green leaf lettuce, or Iceberg lettuce, the more lettuce the better! 🙂
Healthy Easy Burrito Bowls Are Great For Food Prep
If food prep is your jam, then you can prep the meat and other ingredients on a Sunday and have easy lunch and dinner options all week!
Beef Burrito bowl seasoning:
You can use taco seasoning to season your ground beef or carne asada. I like to make my own since it's lower in sodium and I know exactly what goes into it.
Make easy homemade taco seasoning with paprika, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder. Add dried chili flakes if you want your meat spicy!
Every ingredient in my healthy burrito bowls freezes well, just add the fresh salsa and sour cream when you are ready to eat.
I love cooking, but since I cook for a living, I want easy meals to make at home that I don’t have to think about. Healthy Burrito Bowls fit the bill and make my grocery shopping easy.
Instructions For Easy Beef Burrito Bowl Recipe
Step 1: Cook the Carne Asada in taco seasoning in a skillet on the oven, and cook until medium or medium-rare. Slice the meat into thin slices.
Step 2: Divide the cooked Jasmine rice or cooked rice and add the black beans. Top with the Carne Asada meat.
Step 3: Next, add the radish, diced cherry tomatoes, diced onion, and fresh salsa.
Step 4: Add the fresh bell peppers and black beans.
Step 5: Add the iceburg lettuce, fresh chopped cilantro, and shredded Mexican or shredded Cheddar cheese. Add a slice of fresh lime and lime juice and enjoy. Add sour cream, tortilla chips, and guacomole for an extra special treat!
Prefer Vegetarian? No Problem
Prefer no meat burrito bowls? Make them with loads of fresh veggies instead. Or you can switch the Carne Asada out with chicken and make it a chicken burrito bowl.
It’s totally up to you! Either way, these burrito bowl at home are delicious!
I’m into easy meals that I don’t have to think about too much and that are easy to cook. I also love that you can pull these from the freezer and reheat them the next day for a healthy lunch. Easy peasy.
I love to load my healthy burrito bowls with loads of veggies like fresh bell peppers and fresh tomatoes. I also add tons of lettuce to my burrito bowls. The more veggies, the better.
My favorite rice to use for all cooking is Jasmin rice. Jasmine rice has a lovely nutty taste to it and adds wonderful flavor to any dish. I highly recommend it for burrito bowls. It’s also the same rice that one restaurant uses.
Grab the family, load up my healthy burrito bowls and enjoy an evening in eating really tasty food.
Summer Drink and Cocktails Ideas
Pin This Recipe For Later!
Thank you so much for stopping by Fitty Foodlicious and be sure and share this recipe with your friends and family on social media!
Be sure and follow, like, and share Fitty Foodlicious with your friends and family!
Beef Burrito Bowls
- 4 cups cooked Jasmine Rice
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 pound Carne Asada meat
- 1 cup taco seasoning
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced radish
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 1 cup fresh sliced bell peppers
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 cups shredded Iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, sliced in half
- Cook the Carne Asada in taco seasoning and cook until medium or medium-rare. Slice the meat into thin slices.
- Divide the Jasmine rice between two bowls and add the black beans. Top with the Carne Asada meat.
- Next, divide the rest of the ingredients evenly between both burrito bowls.
- Add the diced onion, tomatoes, radish, fresh salsa, sliced bell peppers, and sour cream.
- Top the burrito bowls with Mexican shredded cheese and loads of shredded lettuce.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime juice and enjoy!