French Vanilla Hot Chocolate made with homemade sweet cream is an easy and delicious drink for winter and Valentine's Day. Made with rich and creamy homemade Vanilla Sweet Cream, Cacao powder, bittersweet chocolate, vanilla, and topped with whip cream and Valentine’s Day sprinkles. This is one comforting drink you will come to again and again!
French Vanilla Sweet Cream Hot Chocolate is perfect for beating the winter blues, and pairs well with my other Valentine's inspired recipes like One-Pot Fettichini Alfredo and How To Make A Charcuterie Board for a romantic date night!
French Vanilla Hot Chocolate You Can Make At Home
This chocolate dessert drink is perfect for Valentine’s Day.
I’m having a major obsession with the sweet cream from Starbucks at the moment.
My drink of choice from Starbucks is an Americano with steamed sweet cream and 2-pumps of Irish Cream. You can purchase delicious Irish Cream syrup here.
How Do I Make French Vanilla Sweet Cream At Home
Vanilla Sweet Cream is easy to make and only uses a few ingredients. Sugar and milk.
Sweet cream is made by mixing simple syrup, milk, a dash of vanilla and combining them in a stockpot on the stove. Bring the mixture to a low simmer and let cool.
Homemade sweet cream can be stored in an airtight glass container in the fridge for up to 5-days. Make sure to use sweet cream right away as it tastes best fresh.
I love these jars for making homemade milk.
Sweet cream is wonderful in cold brew coffee and makes a wonderful base for homemade waffles.
What is The Best Kind Of Chocolate For French Vanilla Hot Chocolate
Did you know that there is a huge difference between hot chocolate and hot cocoa?
Hot chocolate is made with melted chocolate and milk. Hot cocoa is made with cocoa powder, sugar, and milk or water.
True hot chocolate is denser and has more of a bittersweet taste.
Healthy Hot Chocolate is easy to make.
Vanilla Sweet Cream Hot Chocolate is made with melted bittersweet chocolate, cacao powder, honey, vanilla, and heavy cream.
Hot chocolate with vanilla is so good and perfect during colder winter months.
Adding homemade whipped cream adds a decadent level to a delicious drink.
This drink is similar to drinking chocolate, it's rich makes a heavenly dessert. This is better than a vanilla hot chocolate from Starbucks.
Dessert recipes like this are easy to make for friends and family as a fun Valentine's Day gift.
If you are dairy-free here are some other non-dairy milk options:
- Coconut Milk
- Hemp Milk
- Soy Milk
- Almond Milk
Variations For Making Perfect Hot Chocolate
There are many different ways you can make hot chocolate. Here are a few ideas to turn this festive chocolate recipe up a notch.
- Turn this frothy hot chocolate into ice chocolate by adding iced sweet cream cold brew
- Add some homemade french vanilla ice cream
- Add fresh vanilla bean
- Cream cold chocolate milk by adding it to a milk frother
- Add yummy toppings like fresh whipped cream, orange zest, sprinkles, espresso powder
- You can easily throw all ingredients in a slow cooker and let the flavors simmer together for even more chocolate flavor.
- Add vanilla syrup
Pro Tip: Cocoa and chocolate can settle at the bottom of the pot. Avoid burning your homemade vanilla sweet cream hot chocolate by cooking it over low to medium heat and stirring continuously.
The Gruesome History Of Valentine's Day
Are you excited about Valentine’s Day?
A lot of people think Valentine's Day is an American greeting card money grab holiday.
There is a rich history behind Valentine’s Day. It’s not the most joyous history either. According to the Roman’s they celebrated the feast of Lupercalia From Feb. 13 to 15.
The men sacrificed a goat and a dog and whipped women with the hides of the animals they had slain. This next part gets even worse.
According to Roman tradition, Young women would actually line up for the men to hit them as they believed this would make them fertile.
A matchmaking lottery would take place, where the young men would draw the names of women from a jar.
With the matches paired together for the duration of the festival and for life!
Emperor Claudius II executed two men named Valentine on Feb. 14 of different years in the 3rd century A.D.
The celebration of Valentine’s Day was set by the Catholic Church.
If you thought that Valentine’s Day was simply all about the cards and chocolate, it’s actually not.
Make my delicious French Vanilla Sweet Cream Hot Chocolate and cuddle up with your snuggle bug
Like What You See? Make sure you are following Fitty Foodlicious for easy, tasty, and colorful recipes. Don't forget to share with your friends and family!
More Dessert And Drink Recipes:
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Spiced Apple Cider Latte
- Healthier Shamrock Shakes
- Easy Choclate Ganache Tart
- Refined Sugar Free Lemon Bars
Be sure and follow, like, and share Fitty Foodlicious with your friends and family!
Pin This Recipe For Later
French Vanilla Hot Chocolate Made With Homemade Sweet Cream
- 4 cups Heavy Whipping Cream or Milk Of Choice
- 1 cup Semisweet or milk chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bar
- ¼ cup Guittard's Chocolate Cocoa Powder or Cacao Powder
- 3 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 tbsp Honey (add more for additonal sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon Arrowroot Powder
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1 pint Orgnaic Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoon Honey or coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
Topping's For French Vanilla Hot Chocolate
- Homemade Whipped Cream
- Valentine's Sprinkles or Valentine's M&M's
- 3 tablespoon Chocolate Shavings
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the heavy cream, chocolate, and cocoa powder. Add the vanilla extract and honey and continue to whisk together.
- Simmer on low heat on the stovetop and contiue to whisk for 5-minutes until the hot chocolate starts to thicken. Keep stirring to help thicken the hot chocolate.
- Add in 1-teaspoon of cornstarch and stir until it's dissolved to make the hot chocolate nice and thick.
- Stir and remove from heat.
- Top with homemade whipped cream, Valentine's sprinkles, and chocolate shavings.
- For chocolate shavings, simply grate chocolate on a chese grater