Spiced apple cider latte is the perfect, comfort food drink for getting through the colder winter months. Made with espresso or dark roast coffee, fresh apple juice, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, nutmeg, and homemade vanilla whipped cream, this is a comfy, cozy coffee drink that you can make right in the comfort of your own home.
Spiced drinks are perfect for fall and winter
This recipe is perfect for fall and the upcoming holidays. This is a delicious coffee recipe to enjoy around Christmas, sitting by a cozy fire with family members.
All you’ll need for my decadent, but simple Spiced Apple Cider Lattes are strong coffee, or good espresso, fresh apple juice, pumpkin spice, nutmeg, milk, honey, and some homemade whipped cream. You can garnish the spiced apple cider latte with star anise, homemade whipped cream, and nutmeg.
- A quality espresso like this one or a good dark roast coffee
- Apple Juice
- Whole Milk or creamer of choice
- Pumpkin Spice
- Star Anise
- Whipped Cream for topping
See recipe card for quantities.
- Heat up the apple juice, honey, and pumpkin spice on the stovetop for a few minutes until warmed. Do this while your fresh coffee is brewing.
- Next, pour the coffee or espresso shots into mugs, add the warmed apple juice, and some frothy milk. Top with whipped cream, star anise, and nutmeg. That’s it!
💭 My Top Tips
- This is a beautiful assortment of dark roast and light coffees to chose from and makes a wonderful gift for your coffee addict friend!
- Check out this lovely espresso set that also makes a great gift!
- Make sure you use a good-quality dark roast coffee for this recipe to really compliment the apple notes in this recipe. A lighter blonde roast would be good too, but keep in mind that the lighter the roast, the higher the caffeine content. Most people get that confused, but lighter roasts contain more caffeine and darker roasts contain less caffeine and pack much more flavor.
☕ Bring the coffeeshop home
A spiced apple cider latte is the drink for the colder winter months. Not only does it have apple cider in it, but it also has espresso, homemade whipped cream, nutmeg, and cinnamon. This is the drink you want to be drinking all winter long.
This drink is similar to that apple cider drink you can get at Starbucks, but this one you’ll make right at home.
I love comfort food and warm drinks in the wintertime and I know you do too. Tis' the season for all the comfy cozy drinks so why not combine espresso with apple cider and take that apple cider to the next level?
One of my favorite winter spices is Star Anise and I include it in a lot of my winter drink concoctions. I garnish my spiced apple cider lattes with homemade vanilla whipped cream and star anise.
Not only does the star anise make it look super festive for Christmas, but it also gives the lattes a delicious cozy flavor.
No need to go to the coffee shop, you can make a spiced apple cider latte right in the comfort of your own home. This recipe couldn’t be easier and I’ve included two ways for you to make it, just in case you don’t have an espresso machine at your fingertips.
You can use a strong high-quality coffee and add everything to the coffee or you can pull two espresso shots. Easy peasy and super delicious.
For the type of espresso, make sure to use a bold and spicy espresso flavor.
If you like coffee that tastes like pumpkin and spices you will love this fan-favorite recipe. Make my Pumpkin Spiced Coffee recipe for a delicious breakfast treat!
How to make Spiced Apple Cider Lattes
Heat up the apple juice, honey, and pumpkin spice on the stovetop for a few minutes until warm. Do this while your fresh coffee is brewing.
Next, pour the coffee or espresso shots into mugs, add the warmed apple juice, and some frothy milk. Top with whipped cream, star anise, and nutmeg. That’s it!
Now you have the perfect coffeehouse latte recipe that you can make right in the comfort of your own home.
Make my delicious Apple Spiced Latte’s right at home and feel the holiday cheer around you!
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram so I can see your creations.
MORE COZY DRINK IDEAS:
Spiced Apple Cider LatteShare on Facebook GrowSaved!
- 3 c Strongly brewed coffee
- 3 shots Espresso
- 2 c Warmed apple juice
- 2 c Frothy whole milk
- 3 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin spice
- 1 tablespoon Nutmeg
- Star Anise
- Whipped Cream for topping
- Prepare coffee or espresso shots as directed
- Warm the apple juice on the stovetop. Add the honey and pumpkin spice and combine them.
- Warm and froth the milk using a milk frother.
- In your desired mug, add the coffee, warmed apple juice, and top with the frothed milk. Top with whipped cream, Star Anise, and nutmeg. Use as much whipped cream and nutmeg as you desire.