Easy Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
My Easy Pumpkin Zucchini Bread is so good that you'll want to make a few batches of this delicious, healthy bread to store in the freezer so that you can eat it all fall and winter long. Yes, it's that good!
Zucchinis are at their peak right now in grocery stores and tis' the season because my Easy Pumpkin Zucchini bread is delicious, moist, healthy, and makes a wonderful breakfast or a wonderful dessert! My version of zucchini bread is easy to make and get's a heaping hand of fiber due to the organic pumpkin I've added to it. The pumpkin also helps make it extra moist and gooey, just how zucchini bread should be! My pumpkin zucchini bread also tastes amazing with grass-fed butter on top just after coming out of the oven.
Watch how to make this recipe here.
This zucchini bread is super easy to make and uses healthy ingredients. I have not made this version gluten-free and to be honest, I'm not sure how moist this bread would turn using almond flour, but if you're feeling courageous, go for it!
This bread features all the fall favorites, including, pumpkin, molasses, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and yes, even apple butter! The apple butter gives this bread a hint of sweetness but doesn't overpower it. All the ingredients make this break the perfect combination of fall and help bring all things pumpkin to the blog!
A few pro tips: This recipe includes melted coconut oil in lieu of canola oil because let's face it, canola is not good for our bodies. Make sure you cool your coconut oil after melting it. Also, make sure to use room temperature eggs for this recipe. For the zucchini, make sure to squeeze out the excess moisture from the zucchini after grating it, and if you have leftovers, use it for pasta sauces and soups!
Alrighty, friends, I'm off to go enjoy the last bit of sunshine today has to offer and hit the trails for a run!
Remember, if you make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram in your photos @fittyfoodlicious using the hashtag: #fittyfoodliciouseats I love seeing my recipes in your kitchens!
Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
By Genevieve | Fitty Foodlicious September 14, 2018
My easy, healthy zucchini bread is moist, delicious, and will literally make your day! It’s also a fall staple with zucchini season being at it's peak and with the added pumpkin. My zucchini bread will be the hit at all of your holiday festivities and is just the best snack if you feel like baking this weekend!
- 2 cups of zucchini, grated
- 2-cups of organic flour
- 1-tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1-teaspoon of baking power
- 1-teaspoon of baking soda
- 1-teaspoon of ginger
- 1-tablespoon of pumpkin spice
- 1-teaspoon of turmeric
- 1-cup of melted and cooled coconut oil
- 4-tablespoons of unsweetened apple butter
- 1-tablespoon of molasses
- 1-tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4-cup of organic unsweetened pumpkin puree/i>
- 1-cup of honey
- 1-cup of unsweetened dark chocolate chips
- 2-eggs, room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 350-degrees and generously spray a loaf pan with avocado oil.
- Grate the zucchini and squeeze out the excess moisture in a towel. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, pumpkin spice, and turmeric and combine.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the melted, cooled coconut oil, the unsweetened apple butter, molasses, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, honey, and the eggs and whisk until everything is combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and then add the zucchini and combine everything.
- Next, add one cup of unsweetened dark chocolate chips and combine.
- Add the batter to a prepared loaf pan.
- You could add more chocolate chips to the top of the batter before inserting the loaf pan into the oven. This step is optional.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 50-minutes. Don’t overbake the zucchini bread! Remember, you want it nice and moist in the middle. You can test this by inserting a toothpick in the center of the bread and it if comes out clear, the bread is done!