Make these delicious chocolate Rice Krispie Treats in less than 10 minutes. Made with cocoa Rice Krispies, marshmallows, Kerry Gold butter, and topped with Lucky Charm marshmallows, this is one fun dessert recipe you’ll want to make again and again!
Chocolate Rice Krispies are delicious any time of the year and make a lovely dessert option for Valentine's Day and Saint Patrick's Day! You could gift these to your Valentine for a delicious chocolate treat! Chocolate rice krispie treats with cocoa powder take less than 10 minutes to make and taste like a giant chocolate marshmallow.
These Chocolate rice krispie cakes pair well with my healthy Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake as well as my Strawberry Lemonade Protein Smoothie and don't forget to try my delicious Irish Cream Latte a St. Patrick's Day Classic!
When I was a kid, my mom would get the classic blue boxes of Rice Krispies at the grocery store as a treat and I always remember getting so excited about them.
If I saw the blue box peeping out, I would immediately ask her if I could have one. Rice Krispies sure hold a nostalgic place in my heart.
I adore chocolate rice krispies treats!
🍫Ingredients For Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
What you'll need for Double Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats:
Chocolate Rice Krispies Ingredients:
- 1-bag marshmallows or mini marshmallows
- Cocoa Rice Krispies Cereal
- Kerry Gold Butter
- Cocoa Powder
- Lucky Charm Marshmallows (optional)
- Cooking Spray
You'll also need a mixing bowl, parchment paper, and a baking pan for the rice krispies treats to set in the fridge.
See full recipe card below for quantities
That's it! Only four ingredients and you've got dark chocolate rice krispie treats!
🍫 Add in's for even better chocolate rice krispies treats
- Mini Chocolate Chips or sweet chocolate chips
- Peanut Butter
- Rainbow Sprinkles
The possibilities are endless when it comes to making rice krispie treats! Just make sure you don't add too many mix-in's or it will overload the chocolate cripsy cakes and cocoa krispies.
🍫 How To Make Chocolate Rice Crispy Cakes
Step 1: In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
Step 2: Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
Step 3: Add the melted marshmallows to the chocolate rice krispies and Cocoa powder mixture
Step 4: Using a spatula, mix the melted marshmallows and rice krispies mixture until well coated
Step 4: Using a buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
Step 5: Stash rice Krispies in the fridge until firm, slice into squares and enjoy!
Step 6: (Optional) Press Lucky Charm Marshmallows onto the top of the prepared chocolate rice Krispy treats for an even yummier dessert!
More fun dessert recipes!
Cereal Treats Pro Tips:
- You can cool your krispie treats recipe at room temperature, but be patient and don't cut them into rice krispy squares until they have set.
- You can store cocoa rice krispie treats at room temperature in a sealed, airtight container.
Pin This Recipe For Later
Chocolate Rice Krispies
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 5 ½ cups Marshmallows
- 6 cups Chocolate Rice Krispies Cereal
- 2 teaspoon Cocoa Powder
- 1 Bag Lucky Charms Marshmallows (optional)
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Add the cocoa powder and stir again
- Add the Chocolate rice krispies and stir until well coated
- In a parchment lined 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan, evenly press the rice krispie mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Press Lucky Charm Marshmallows onto the tops of the prepared rice krispies before letting them firm up in the fridge. This step is completely optional.
- Let firm up room temperature or pop into the fridge for at-least 15-minutes.
- Store leftover rice krispy treats in a sealed airtight glass container on the kitchen counter for up to 5-days.
Be sure and follow, like, and share Fitty Foodlicious with your friends and family!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star ⭐ recipe rating at the bottom of the page on the recipe card. This provides helpful feedback to both me and other readers and cooks! If you want more delicious, made-from-scratch, wholesome and healthy recipes, you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on my adventures on Instagram where I'm convinced I'm a comedian, 😂 Pinterest for even more recipe inspiration, and Facebook for the recipe of the day!