Easy Carne Asada Burritos are perfect for a quick and easy dinner tonight. Make my delicious Carne Asada Burritos that are made with Jasmin rice, bell peppers, fresh cilantro, Carne Asada, gooey cheese, and vegetables. I take these burritos up a notch by adding fresh leafy greens to give these a health boost. Let’s get cooking!
Easy Carne Asada Burritos are simple to make, super filling, and have a boost of veggies for a healthier kick. These easy carne asada burritos have a twist. Easy Carne Asada Burritos are fried! These burritos are perfect for family and food prep.
INGREDIENTS FOR EASY CARNE ASADA BURRITOS
- Carne Asada - use a good quality meat
- Flour Tortiallas - you can use gluten-free too
- Jasmin Rice - I like to purchase mine in bulk at Costco or at Trader Joe's
- Black Beans
- White Cheddar Shredded Cheese or a good quality cheese
- Fresh Cilantro
- Bell Peppers - All the colorful bell peppers
- Black Olives
- Red or white onion
You want to get high-quality meat for this recipe. I purchase mine in bulk fresh from my local butcher. Costco has great deals on Carne Asada too!
HOW TO FRY EASY CARNE ASADA BURRITOS
You can fry the burritos in cooking oil of choice. Coconut oil is a wonderful, healthy option. We like to fry our burritos in grass-fed butter. Using butter ensures the burritos won't take on the flavor versus using an oil.
Fry the Carne Asada burritos for one to two minutes on each side until crispy. Frying the burritos gives them a nice crispy and crunchy texture.
LEFTOVER DELICIOUS BURRITOS FOR EASY WEEKNIGHT MEALS
The best thing about these Burritos is that they make wonderful leftovers.
Food prep the burritos the night before and wrap them in tinfoil. Store burritos in a glass, airtight container until you are ready to cook them.
Fry the Carne Asada burritos just before cooking.
Wrap the burritos in a paper towel and place them in a glass airtight container in the fridge. Reheat them in the oven and you have delicious leftovers.
Here's a fun guide on how to roll a burrito
I love easy recipes that you can food prep and have ready to go for lunch or dinner the next day!
This way you are getting two meals in one and more for your money. I think we could all use a little more money in our back pocket, don’t you?
This is an easy, weeknight meal idea to enjoy all year long.
More Easy and Delicious Recipe Ideas:
CARNE ASADA BURRITOS
- 1 pkg Flour Tortillas
- 1 lb Carne Asada meat
- 4 c Jasmine Rice cooked
- 2 cups Black Beans
- 1 c Black olives sliced
- 2 c Sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 c Bell pepper sliced
- 2 c spinach or leafy greens
- 1 pat Butter
- Cook the Carne Asada until it is no longer pink in the middle and add spices of choice.
- Cook the Jasmin Rice according to package directions.
- Once the meat is cooked, prepare the burritos.
- Place a layer of meat, then a layer of rice, black beans, then add the olives, shredded cheese, sliced bell peppers, and spinach.
- Assemble the burritos.
- In a frying pan heat up the butter on medium heat and place the wrapped burritos in the frying pan. Fry on each side for 1 to 2 minutes. You can fry the burritos two at time.
- Remove from heat and garnish with fresh cilantro and salsa of choice and enjoy!