Mandarin Orange Ginger Cranberry Sauce is made from scratch. Mandarin Orange Ginger Cranberry Sauce is made of fresh cranberries, mandarin oranges, orange juice, fresh ginger, lemon, and coconut sugar. This homemade cranberry sauce is perfect for all holiday gatherings!
Mandarin Orange Ginger Cranberry Sauce Makes the perfect Thanksgiving Sidedish
Mandarin Orange Ginger Cranberry Sauce is perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's. You can enjoy it all year long and it freezes well.
- Mandarin Orange Ginger Cranberry Sauce Makes the perfect Thanksgiving Sidedish
- 🥘 Ingredients for Mandarin Orange Ginger Cranberry Sauce
- 💭Top Tips for Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- More Thanksgiving recipe inspriation
- 📖 Substitutions for Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- 🍽 Equipment
- 🎥 Video
- 📖 Recipe
- 💬 Comments
🥘 Ingredients for Mandarin Orange Ginger Cranberry Sauce
You'll need a few key ingredients for Mandarin Orange Ginger Cranberry Sauce
- Fresh cranberries
- Orange Juice
- Coconut Sugar
- Cinnamon or pumpkin spice
- Lemon Juice
- Mandarin orange slices
- Lemon Zest
- Orange Zest
See recipe card below for quantities.
💭Top Tips for Homemade Cranberry Sauce
First, you want to make sure you rinse the cranberries in fresh, cold water.
Add the cranberries, orange, lemon juice, and coconut sugar.
Bring the cranberry sauce to a boil and make sure to continue to stir.
Bring the heat down to low, and add the Mandarin orange slices, lemon and orange zest, and grated fresh ginger. Simmer on low for 10-minutes until all of the cranberries have popped.
Don't overcook your cranberry sauce.
More Thanksgiving recipe inspriation
Turkey Chili pairs wonderfully with my homemade cranberry sauce.
Pear and Apple Cider Sangria is a delicious cocktail that will spice up your turkey dinner.
This Charcuterie Board tutorial will impress all your party guests.
📖 Substitutions for Homemade Cranberry Sauce
For Ginger Cranberry Sauce, I use coconut sugar as my sweetener. There are many sugar options below if you don't like the flavor of coconut sugar.
- Honey - Honey makes a wonderful sugar option and yes, this recipe works wonderfully with honey. It mixes and melts well under heat.
- Brown Sugar - Brown sugar can be used and it's very similar to using coconut sugar.
- White Sugar - I prefer to use a natural, un-chemically treated sugar for homemade cranberry sauce. If white sugar is all you have on hand, go for it. Other options to white sugar is organic sugar cane, and natural sugar crystals.
Check out the list below for all the different ways you can eat homemade cranberry sauce.
I love to add mine to sandwiches like my Turkey Slider Recipe.
- Spice- For a major flavor kick, add cloves, star-anise, and cinnamon sticks.
- Savory - Grab your mornig bagel and add some Mandarin Orange Cranberry Sauce to it along with some cream cheese. Yum!
- Kid friendly - Instad of jelly, make the kiddo's PB & J with cranberry sauce and peanut butter.
I suggest using a cast-iron skillet or Le Cruset style type for this recipe.
You can use a stainless steel pan to make homemade cranberry sauce.
Keep in mind, a stainless steel pan heats up more quickly and may burn the cranberry sauce if the heat is too high.
I love using this type of pan for homemade cranberry sauce which you can find here.
This pan is an affordable option and it works just as well as the fancy one.
This homemade cranberry sauce is super easy to make. All you need is fresh orange juice, fresh cranberries, mandarin oranges, and some organic sugar and lemon juice. That’s it!
Homemade cranberry sauce will store in a glass airtight container for up to 5-days in the refrigerator. It also freezes well, so make a few batches and you will have homemade cranberry for all of your holiday gatherings.
Check out my recipe video below on how easy it is to make Madarin Orange Ginger Cranberry Sauce
MANDARIN ORANGE GINGER CRANBERRY SAUCE
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh peeled and grated ginger
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin spice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup Mandarin orange slices
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Saute the cranberries and orange juice in a pan over medium heat on the stovetop.
- Add the fresh peeled and grated ginger
- Add the lemon juice, Mandarin orange slices, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Saute for 10-15 minutes until the cranberries start to pop open.
- Once the cranberries sauce is thick, remove from heat and top with lemon zest and more mandarin orange slices.