Potatoes Au Gratin is the perfect recipe for the upcoming Easter holiday. Made with heavy cream, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and russet potatoes. this is the perfect side dish for all of your spring festivities.
POTATOES AU GRATIN IS THE PERFECT SIDE DISH FOR EASTER
Potatoes Au Gratin is the recipe for Easter. Can you believe Easter is almost here? I looked at my content calendar and realized Easter Sunday is next weekend! For some strange reason, I always think it’s later in April, but sure enough, it’s next Sunday.
Do you guys have big plans for Easter? I’m cooking dinner at our house and then I think we are headed to my Fathers-in-law’s in the morning for an Easter brunch.
MAKE THIS EASY CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP FOR DINNER TONIGHT!
Easy Chicken Tortilla SoupPlay Video
SPRING HAS FINALLY SPRUNG
I’m excited for Spring and all that it has to offer. Stay tuned as well for my updated website coming soon! I’ve finally migrated over to WordPress and I’m excited to debut the new site. This is still on the Squarespace platform, but soon, I will be a WordPress convert and hopefully, the update site will be easier to access and will finally have a recipe rating system.
I’m super excited about how easy it will be for your guys to locate recipes and content and for that rating system. Stay tuned for the new site coming sometime next week!
EASTER MARKS THE BEGINNING OF ONE OF THE BEST SEASONS
Are you guys excited for Spring? I’m pumped for warmer weather (it’s been freezing in Cali) and I’m excited for all of the house reno projects we have coming up.
What I’m most excited about is finally painting our house which has been years coming. I’ve picked out a very pretty blue color and the trim will be dark grey. My little farmhouse is coming along!
Do you have any fun spring projects planned? If you do, I want to hear all about them.
With Easter coming up, you’ll need a delicious side dish for your Easter menu, so why not make my rich and tasty Potatoes Au Gratin?
This is a family recipe that has been passed down from generation to generation and it couldn’t be more simple to make.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and that you and your family have a very happy Easter!
Potatoes Au Gratin
Yield: 6Genevieve Jerome : Genevieve Jerome | Fitty FoodliciousPREP TIME: : 5 MINCOOK TIME: : 1 H & 30 MTOTAL TIME: : 1 H & 35 MPotatoes Au Gratin is the perfect recipe for the upcoming Easter holiday. Made with heavy cream, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and russet potatoes. this is the perfect side dish for all of your spring festivities.
- 4-russet potatoes, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 1-onion, sliced into rings
- 3-tablespoons butter
- 3-tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-cups heavy cream
- ½-teaspoon salt
- 1-teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½-cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a medium casserole dish.
- Layer ½ of the potatoes into the bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Top with the onion slices, and add the remaining potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Mix in the flour and salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and stir constantly with a whisk for one minute. Stir in heavy cream. Cook until the mixture has thickened. Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30 to 60 seconds. Pour cheese over the potatoes, and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 ½-hours in the oven at 400-degrees.
Sat. Fat (grams)32.95
The above nutritional info is an estimate.
EASY PERFECT ROAST TURKEYHOW TO MAKE FRIED RAVIOLI | EASY AT HOME PASTA RECIPEEASY PRIME RIBCopyright Fitty Foodlicious, All Rights Reserved