Taco Pasta Casserole Bake is an easy cheesy taco pasta that will remind you of a burrito supreme from Taco Bell in pasta form, but so much better! This easy taco pasta bake will be the hit at the dinner table and is the perfect comfort food meal all year long! Taco pasta casserole is like Macaroni and Cheese but turned up a notch. This creamy taco pasta bake will send a smile to everyone's face!
Taco Pasta Recipe can be made all year long! If you're looking for more Mexican-inspired recipes why not try my Dorito Casserole With Ground Beef or my Beef Burrito Bowls or how about my Carne Asada Burritos need some food prep ideas? Make my Zucchini Boats With Ground Turkey or my Easiest Crispiest Fried Chicken all of these are easy and fantastic dinner ideas that can all be made in under thirty minutes!
🥘🌮 Ingredients For Cheesy Taco Pasta Bake
Ingredients For Taco Pasta Bake With Sour Cream
- Elbow Macaroni or Macaroni Shells
- Ground Beef
- Yellow Onion
- Sour Cream
- Salsa (I like to use Pace Salsa)
- Tomato or diced tomatoes
- Bell Pepper (Red bell pepper, green bell pepper, or orange bell pepper)
- Fresh Cilantro
- Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend and Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Beef Stock or Chicken Stock
- Taco Seasoning (You can also make Homemade Taco Seasoning )
- Tortilla Chips for topping
- Dutch Oven
- Baking Dish or Casserole Dish
Taco noodle casserole is so easy to make and only uses one pot! We are huge fans of one-pot meals in our house.
🥘🌮 How To Make Easy Taco Pasta Casserole
Instructions For Cheesy Taco Pasta
Step 1: Saute the ground beef and chopped yellow onion in the Dutch Oven on the stovetop over medium heat. Halfway through cooking, add the taco seasoning and some water and saute for 10-minutes until ground beef is cooked through. While the gound beef is cooking, cook pasta.
Step 2: Add the Pace salsa to the ground beef and stir.
Step 3: Add the sour cream to the salsa and ground beef mixture and mix the taco pasta casserole well until combined.
Step 4: Add the diced tomatoes to the sour cream, salsa, beef mixture and combine.
Step 5: Add the cooked macaroni to the taco pasta and mix well until combined.
Step 6: Add the Mexican shredded cheese and cup shredded cheddar to the taco casserole with noodles mixture and mix well until combined. The macaroni should be nice and cheesy.
Step 7: The taco pasta bake recipe will be nice and cheesy, next transfer the taco casserole into a casserole dish (or if you cooked the baked taco pasta in a Dutch oven you will leave it in the Dutch oven ) and cook for 10-15 minutes in the oven at 350-degrees. You add Doritos or Tortilla chips as a topping for taco pasta casserole with doritos.
This Mexican pasta bake taco beef casserole is so good, it will be on repeat at your dinner table! Taco bake with noodles taco noodle bake will impress all of your guests and take little time.
🥘🌮 Tips and Tricks For Taco Pasta
- Using a Dutch oven and making this a one pot pasta recipe makes this recipe easier.
- Use Beef Stock instead of water for the pasta caseroles
- Cook everything in one pot and then bake it in the oven, no mess, no fuss!
- Add tortilla chips for a delicious crunchy topping, similar to a taco supreme from Taco Bell!
- You can make this 5 ingredient taco pasta by leaving out any ingredients that you don't want. Or leave out the salasa to make this taco pasta bake no salsa
- pasta casserole recipes are a cinch to bake and make wonderful leftovers and freezer well!
- You can turn this into taco spaghetti casserole with rotel by using spaghetti and rotel insteal of macaroni, but I find macaroni pasta works best.
- You can also use cream cheese for an even creamier pasta sauce!
- You can also use Jack cheese
🥘🌮 Pro Tip
Taco noodle casserole freezes well! Simply put leftovers into glass, airtight container and reheat in the oven at 350-degrees in a greased casserole dish.
More Delicious Dinner Recipe Ideas
Taco Pasta Casserole
- 1 box Macaroni noodles or Mac Shells
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 bag Mexican Shredded Cheese
- 1 bag Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 box Beef Stock
- Tortilla Chips for topping
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees
- In a Dutch oven on the stovetop, saute the ground beef and chopped yellow onion and taco seasoning. Add ¼-cup of water and simmer the beef on medium heat until browned.
- Add the diced tomato and chopped bell pepper to the ground beef mixture and combine. Keep the ground beef mixture on low heat.
- Next, add the sour cream, and salsa and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry macaroni pasta to the ground beef mixture and then add the beef stock and cover the Dutch oven and simmer over medium heat. Stir the pasta frequently to keep the macaroni from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- You can also cook the pasta separately and then once it's cooked, add it to the beef mixture.
- Once the pasta is cooked through, add the Mexican shredded cheese and the Sharp Cheddar shredded cheese and mix the pasta and beef mixture until well combined.
- Top the prepared taco pasta casserole with tortilla chips and cover the Dutch Oven, and bake it in the oven at 350-degrees for 10-minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes, then add to pasta bowls and top with the fresh cilantro and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star ⭐ recipe rating at the bottom of the page on the recipe card. This provides helpful feedback to both me and other readers and cooks! If you want more delicious, made-from-scratch, wholesome and healthy recipes, you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on my adventures on Instagram where I'm convinced I'm a comedian, 😂 Pinterest for even more recipe inspiration, and Facebook for the recipe of the day!
Be sure and follow, like, and share Fitty Foodlicious with your friends and family!
INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER
Leave a Reply