Valentine's Hot Chocolate Bombs are super fun and easy to make and are a perfect Valentine’s Day gift or treat! Made with only a few ingredients and all the toppings you can think of, this is one fun recipe you’ll come to again and again!
Valentine's Hot Chocolate Bombs are perfect for treating your loved ones with a delicious and decadent Valentine's Day gift. They make wonderful treasures all year round! I love pairing this easy DIY dessert with my Fried Ravioli Pasta recipe or my Simple Pimento Cheese recipe. You can enjoy this yummy Hot Chocolate recipe with Charcuterie Board for a lovely Valentine's Day date night.
Valentine's Hot Chocolate Bombs Make The Perfect Gift
Hot Chocolate Bombs are all the rage on the internet and for good reason. They are super fun to make! Get creative with them and add all of the toppings your heart desires.
I like using various kinds of chocolate, like white chocolate, dark chocolate, and milk chocolate.
You can take your Hot Chocolate Bombs to the next level, by adding them to white hot chocolate or Irish Cream coffee. The possibilities are endless!
What You'll Need For This Easy DIY Recipe
Ingredients for the best Hot Cocoa Bombs:
- Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate, or Dark Chocolate (you can purchase candy melts or my favorite chocolate chips.) I use Guittard Milk Chocolate Chips and Guittard
White Chocolate Chips for this recipe.
- Cacao Powder or Cocoa Powder (both work great in this recipe)
- Toppings: Mini marshmallows, m&m's, sprinkles, or candies of choice.
- Hot plate to mold the chocolate bombs (see tutorial photos below.)
- Candy Melter (optional)
The Best Milks For Valentine's Hot Chocolate Bombs
Hot chocolate bombs respond best to full dairy milk like whole milk and heavy cream.
If you are dairy-free, you can try coconut milk to ensure a creamy concoction.
Hot Chocolate Bombs are super fun to make with the entire family!
You will be on your way to easy and delicious, homemade hot chocolate bombs in no time!
My Tips and Tricks For Perfect Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Be patient
- Pop your prepared hot chocolate bomb molds in the freezer on a cookie sheet for 15-minutes.
- Remove hot chocolate bombs from mold carefully. They can crack easily.
- Use a candy melter to speed up chocoalte melting time. This step is optional, it saves a lot of time.
Are you ready to make some delicious Valentine’s Day gifts for your loved ones? Check out the full recipe below to get started!
More Delicious Dessert Recipes
Pin This Recipe For Later
Valentine's Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Using a candy melter or a microwave, melt the milk chocolate, and the white chocolate, seperately in two different bowls.
- Spoon in the melted chocolate into one set of the hot chocolate bombs molds. Spoon the chocolate up the sides of each mold and make sure to add enough so that each half is nice and thick.
- Repeat the same step with the white chocolate.
- Place the chocolate molds on a cookie sheet and place them in the freezer for 15-minutes. You want to make sure the chocolate if frozen solid.
- Warm-up a microwave-safe plate in the microwave for 20-seconds.
- Once the chocolate shells are ready, carefully pop each one out of the molds.
- Grab one chocolate mold and melt the top rim of it on the warm plate.
- Fill the half mold with hot cocoa mixture, marshmallows, M&M, and the sprinkles.
- Grab another chocolate mold and warm the rim on the plate and place the top of it on the prepared, filled chocolate mold and meld them together.
- You can easily do this by rubbing melted chocolate on the sides until the hot chocolate bomb forms.
- Repeat the above steps until all of the chocolate molds are prepped.
- Place the hot chocolate bombs back in the freezer for a few minutes to firm up again.
- Now with the extra melted dark and white chocolate, drizzle the melted chocolate onto each bomb and place them back in the freezer for 15-minutes until frozen solid.
- Grab two mugs of warm milk, remove hot chocolate bombs from the freezer and drop them into the hot milk and watch them melt and come to life. This is the most gratifying part of making hot chocolate bombs
Check out our latest recipes below