Mini Apple Pies With Puff Pastry is the perfect fall recipe to enjoy through all the seasons! This delicious puff pastry apple recipe is made with mini puff pastry, apples, red pears, apple butter, cream cheese, Honeycrisp apple cider, molasses, brown sugar, and pumpkin spice.
This perfect fall recipe is lovely to enjoy while watching Gilmore Girls and sitting by a cozy fire with a cup of coffee. You can enjoy this apple dessert recipe throughout the year!
Make these apple tarts with my Spiced Apple Cider Latte recipe and check out my Pumpkin Streusel Cream Cheese Muffins for a healthy fall treat! Another fall favorite around here is Pumpkin Iced Coffee. It tastes better than Starbucks and it's healthier too! You'll be baking to your heart's content all weekend long!
🍎 Ingredients For Mini Apple Turnovers With Puff Pastry
What you'll need for the best mini pies with puff pasty recipe:
These mini puff pastry desserts are made with apples and red pears, but if you can't get red pears, just use apples.
🍎 Ingredients For Mini Apple Tarts: 🍎
- Honeycrisp Apples
- Red Pears
- Frozen Puff Pastry (thawed)
- Cream Cheese
- Apple cider
- Brown Sugar
See full recipe card for quantities.
🍎 Pro Tip: Add lemon juice to the apples and pears to keep the fruit from browning. 🍎
Homemade Apple Hand Pies are such a treat!
🍎 Instructions For Mini Puff Pastry Apple Tarts
These individual puff pastry apple pies are super easy to make and take no time at all.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Slice the Honeycrisp apples and pears and set them aside.
Step 3: On a floured surface, roll out two thawed sheets of puff pastry dough and cut them into squares. Divide the made puff pastry into 6 rectangles, if you are using two sheets of easy puff pastry this will make 12 mini apple pies total.
Step 4: Add the egg, softened cream cheese, brown sugar, apple butter, pumpkin spice, and apple cider to a mixing bowl.
Step 5: In an electric stand mixer, mix the softened cream cheese, brown sugar, apple butter, pumpkin spice, and apple cider until well combined.
Step 6: On the prepared baking sheet, Place a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture onto the center of the puff pastry squares. Next, add the sliced apples and red pears apple mixture to the center of the cream cheese mixture. Fold each corner to the middle.
Step 7: Brush each prepared mini apple pie turnover with the egg wash.
Step 8: Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes until golden brown.
🍎 Helpful hint for Puff Pastry Apple Pie:
Enjoy this delicious fall dessert with coffee for breakfast or for dessert with a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream. 🍎
These Mini Apple Turnovers with Puff Pastry and Apple Pie Filling are perfect for recipes Thanksgiving recipes and fall leaf-peeping road trips.
These apple puff pies will be a hit at your holiday gatherings!
🍎 Frequently Asked Questions:
This apple pie recipe with puff pastry is easy to make and will please everyone at the dinner table.
Here are some tips and tricks to making these even more delicious.
Do you thaw frozen apples before making pie?
Yes! If you don't thaw frozen apples before making pie, you will end up with a watery soggy pie or apple turnover. Fresh apples are always best when baking any type of apple dessert.
Should you cook apples before putting them in a pie? No, there is no need to. The apples will cook in the oven during the cooking process.
Can you use puff pastry on the base of a pie? Yes, you can use puff pastry on the base of a pie, but keep in mind the crust will be flakier and crispier compared to traditional pie crust.
How can you use extra apple pie filling that didnt fit into the pie? I love to use leftover apple pie filling in homemade muffins, over ice cream as an ice cream topping, I also love to turn it into homemade apple syrup that can be drizzled over waffles and pancakes!
🍎 Check out our other Apple recipes
- Spiced Apple Cider Latte Recipe
- Pear And Apple Cider Sangria
- Apple Pie Baked Apples
- Easy Healthy Caramel Sauce
- Citrus Spiced Mulled Wine
If you make this recipe, please leave a star ⭐ recipe rating at the bottom of the page on the recipe card. This provides helpful feedback to both me and other readers and cooks! If you want more delicious, made-from-scratch, wholesome and healthy recipes, you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on my adventures on Instagram where I'm convinced I'm a comedian, 😂 Pinterest for even more recipe inspiration, and Facebook for the recipe of the day!
PIN this recipe for later
🍎 Mini Apple Pies With Puff Pastry
- 2 large Honeycrisp apples, cored, and sliced (see notes below on whether or not to leave the fruit skins on)
- 3 Red Pears, cored, and, sliced
- 1 package Puff Pastry, Thawed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg (reserve the egg whites for the egg wash at the end)
- 1 block Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ⅓ cup Apple Butter or apple sauce
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Juice
- 1 tablespoon Molasses
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Spice (see section below on how to make your own pumpkin spice)
Homemade Pumpkin Spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice and core the apples and pears into a bowl and set aside
- Lay the sheet of puff pastry on a floured surface and roll out evenly.
- Divide the puff pastry into 6 rectangles, if you are using two sheets of puff pastry this will make 12-mini apple hand pies total.
- Seperate the egg yolk from the egg white and set the egg white aside.
- In an electric stand mixer, add the egg yolk, softened cream cheese, brown sugar, apple butter, apple cider juice, molasses, and pumpkin spice in and mix on the low or medium setting until well combined.
- Place a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture onto the center of the puff pastry squares. Next, add the sliced apples and red pears apple mixture to the center of the cream cheese mixture. Fold each corner to the middle.
- Brush each prepared mini apple pie turnover with the egg wash.
- Add more pumpkin spice to the prepared mini apple hand pies.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes until golden brown.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice
- Mix together cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves in a small bowl.