Got lots of Halloween Candy? Not to worry, because I’ve got you covered with my Healthy Monster Mash Popcorn. With no artificial dyes or colors (except if you add candy of course) this popcorn is a wonderful, yummy, sweet, and savory popcorn and you could even leave out the candy if you prefer. Make this tonight for a savory treat all week long!
Monster Mash Popcorn is the perfect treat for Halloween and one the entire family will enjoy!
This was inspired by my Cranberry Cherry Sleep Hollow Spritzers Halloween recipe and pairs well and pairs well with my fun DIY Halloween candy recipe Homemade Halloween Gummy Bears.
🥘 Ingredients For Healthy Monster Mash Popcorn
Use a clear shot of the ingredients for this recipe, prepped, and labeled if necessary. Insert the ingredients into the list below, omitting quantities.
- organic popcorn kernels
- organic coconut oil
- melted grass-fed butter
- beet root powder
- Vital Protein’s Strawberry Lemon Collagen (optional)
- Himalayan sea-salt
- ground cinnamon
- Various candy: Mellowcreme pumpkins, candy corn, mini rice chocolate bars, and gingersnaps.
- Funfetti sprinkles and marshmallows, optional
See recipe card for quantities.
🔪 Instructions For Monster Mash Popcorn
Monster Mash Popcorn is so easy to make. First, grab organic popcorn (I prefer the $2.00 bag from Trader Joe's) and start popping that popcorn.
Add some coconut oil to a heated pan and 3-4 kernels to start. Once the popcorn starts popping, slowly add more popcorn until you have the amount of popcorn desired.
Once your popcorn is ready, start adding molasses, spirulina, beetroot powder, and turmeric. Remember, this is healthy monster mash popcorn and the spirulina and beetroot give this popcorn loads of gorgeous colors that are healthy to eat.
Next, add the turmeric, cinnamon, and all the candy your heart desires. Funfetti sprinkles and marshmallows turn this monster mash popcorn up a notch. These are our favorite marshmallows which you can purchase here.
Hint: You can add melted grass-fed butter, honey, and molasses to your healthy monster mash popcorn for a delicious and satisfying taste.
📖 Variations For Monster Mash Popcorn that will impress your Halloween guests
Got multiple guests coming over for Halloween? Not to worry. Leave the popcorn blank, add it to personalized popcorn tubs, and set the various toppings out on the table. This gives guests the chance to add or leave out any ingredients they want on their popcorn.
Plus it gives everyone a fun Halloween activity to do while enjoying a delicious Halloween snack!
Wanna make this healthy monster mash popcorn spicy or super sweet? Check out some ideas below for recipe variations.
- Spicy - add cayenne pepper, or black pepper to turn the heat up in this monster mash popcorn.
- Deluxe - Top some creamy ice cream with monster mash popcorn for the ulitmate dessert everyone will enjoy!
- Kid friendly - This recipe is super kid friendly! Let the kiddos get in on the popcorn making fun andl let them add three treats to make their own creations.
See this spicy version of this recipe on my website! (placeholder for in-content link)
If you already have a popcorn maker at home, you can totally use that for this recipe. I love cooking homemade popcorn in my Dutch Oven. But you could also use a double broiler. Use a Dutch Oven to give the popcorn a vibrant flavor.
Bonus: the popcorn will stay warm in the Dutch Oven after it's cooked.
Store leftover popcorn in a glass airtight container or ziploc bags at room temperature. Homemade popcorn is best to consume right away. You can enjoy it up to two days later.
💭 Top tip
I find making healthy monster mash popcorn with coconut oil is best. I much prefer using coconut oil over vegetable oil in most of my cooking. Coconut oil has a miriad of health benefits and it tastes delicious!
Fitty Foodlicious Favorites
Monster Mash Popcorn | Healthy Halloween Treat
- 2 cups organic popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (1-tbs for initially cooking the popcorn and the other 2-tbs for coating the cooked popcorn.)
- 4 tablespoon melted grass-fed butter
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon spirulina
- 1 tablespoon beet root powder
- 1 tablespoon strawberry lemon collagen
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1-2 teaspoon Himalayan sea-salt
- 1 tsp or tbsp ground cinnamon
- Various candy: Mellowcreme pumpkins, candy corn, mini rice chocolate bars, and gingersnaps.Funfetti sprinkles and marshmallows, optional
- Cook the organic popcorn according to popcorn package directions.
- Once the popcorn is cooked, spread over a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle the melted butter, coconut oil, and molasses over the popcorn and knead everything together.
- Next, add the spirulina, beet root powder, and turmeric and knead everything together again.
- Add the sea-salt and cinnamon and add as much or as little candy as you want.
- Next, take a clean paper bag and pour in the popcorn and give the bag a few good shakes. The more you shake the bag, the better the ingredients will combine with the popcorn.
- Place the popcorn back onto the baking sheet and add your candy of choice. Place the popcorn into small serving bowls and sprinkle with Funfetti sprinkles and marshmallows (optional).
- Place any leftover Monster Mash Popcorn into sealed BPA free plastic bags. The Monster Mash Popcorn should keep for up to 3-days.